• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RIOT HEAT EXCHANGER

E
Dec 19, 2007
Tree riding is basically all we do. I always have piles of pine needles in the nooks and crannies of my engine. I don't have a tunnel cooler on my riot yet but my long track 380 has no radiators at all. I used a running board cooler from a 440xcr. I had to cut some holes in my cmx track and run a scratcher or it would over heat on the roads but temps are perfect all the time and it's a bulldozer through the trees. I still carry a spare throttle cable though it's the only thing left on the front of the bike that can be damaged from sticks.

E
Dec 19, 2007
The cmx track didn't have any holes so even with scratchers the tunnel cooler didn't work. But when I cut holes the snow from scratchers would land inside the track and centrifugal force shoves it through the holes onto the cooler.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Don't quote me on this but I think most of the extrusions are 2024. They weld easily with 4043, I've done lots that way. Make sure they are SUPER clean when you weld them, antifreeze gets into the aluminum and gives porosity if you don't clean it.

M5

M
Mar 13, 2019
Tree riding is basically all we do. I always have piles of pine needles in the nooks and crannies of my engine. I don't have a tunnel cooler on my riot yet but my long track 380 has no radiators at all. I used a running board cooler from a 440xcr. I had to cut some holes in my cmx track and run a scratcher or it would over heat on the roads but temps are perfect all the time and it's a bulldozer through the trees. I still carry a spare throttle cable though it's the only thing left on the front of the bike that can be damaged from sticks.
Eric, did you use 1 polaris running board cooler or 2? I'll be putting together my camso and 380 real soon and may just go with exchangers right off the bat since I have some polaris chassis in my back field already.

Premium Features