• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding with Chris Burandt ?

H

harper

Dec 16, 2007
manitoba
Prep for the thin air , it killed me.

10 mins to dig out, 10 mins to recover. (the min elevation is from home)

elevation.jpg

The snow there end of January was super deep, let off the gas, your stuck.

deep%20cat.jpg

Your gonna get real good at getting unstuck and avoiding it at all costs,,,

chris%20stuck.jpg

Great trip, first class accommodations, worth every penny.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm going to be riding with him this weekend, I ahve a buddy that couldn't fill his spot so i get to go with another friend. I live here, ride constantly & ride with some VERY good riders at the same places he rides pretty often. I'm excited to see how this compares to our average day out. I'm more of a jumper & climber than a tree monkey so I'm sure i'll get my *** kicked there, should be fun.

I'll report back with a comparison to an average day of riding with your regular colorado rider compared to riding with Chris & crew.

S
Nov 30, 2007
The Last Frontier
Recent rider....... Chris and Sahen are 2 of the best personalities you will meet anywhere. Prepare to be SCHOOLED......period. In no way what so ever will you keep up or not be surprised. We only seen other riders when we wanted to ( 6 at a yuppie hill) , even when all the parking lots were FULL. Skill level doesn't matter( this is what makes CBBA so good) , but a smaller group is better, 4 or less. Riding with Chris is about raising your game to the next level. Multiple days are best, I would recommend 3 and staying with Chris for the rest of the benefits, food, rest, and more awesome food. Bev and Sandy will be your lifelines away from the sleds. Do Not worry about your ride, there is soo much untracked and secret spots to rock that you will have plenty to be stoked about. Pace yourself, and if you get a little stuck don't rush to get out as you will see all you want, or you will be out of breath. We never needed a shovel or any tool to get out. When the 140lb club rings the bell , be ready to get your learn on. THE TREES ROCK !!!!!!!

Once you get past stage 1 riding , you will see why they only rock the M Series. The TM8's are unbeatable, but they will do lessons on the M6 if necessary. Don't be a Meadow Mulisha , and Commit to the line. Eric and the ALPINE crew were great. Burandt's was worth every penny and then some. It will make you watch all sled movies with a new respect. The face of the Ears is stage 2. LOL

Last edited:

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
I was with Harper on this trip. It was outrageous. The guy must get off on destroying people's mental capacity to think straight. I've never been so stuck, tired, PO'd and defeated all at once.

Bring your A game, you're going to need every bit of it and then some. Nothing could have prepared me for what we went through. I'm sure the new addition of snow the night before didn't help at all.

Chris' guide Sahen is a great help and has no problem telling you what you need to do to avoid the issue the next time.

Good luck, you'll need it.

That's so TRUE! I remember being so stuck, tired, and half pissed at being pushed beyond my limits! HOWEVER! It was one of the best sled experiences of my life! IT was awesome! Circumstances have not let me go back this year, but will recommend this experience and will be back to ride with him first chance I get! Anxious to see your experience Kaleb, you ride lots and have some skillz.....but for most others who think they are "average" riders..........you're likely to get a "wake up" call!!! This dude can ride! We had epic powder conditions as well and windshiled deep pow was the norm.

Chris is a class act and his experience is an education! Don't expect to go riding and see some "beautiful" backcountry.......like some scenic tour. Take gloves and goggles and as everyone says........an attitude to learn and become a better rider!

No regrets

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
OK, a report from a sceptic.

I came into yesterday prepared to either go see the Chris burandt "come watch me ride" show or the "you can't keep up with me because you suck" show. It was none of the above.

I have competed at or been a photographer for a very high level of a multitude of sports (snowboarding, wakeboarding, fighting, kayaking, mtn biking, climbing, kiteboarding, ...)& have found that MOST of the top pros have almost zero empathy for the average guy because it was SO FREAKING EASY for them (I'm not bitter or anything:D) Very few of them have the ability to look at another person & recognize that they will not be able to make that hill, clear that jump, stick that trick, learn that move, whatever & don't have the patience to deal with anyone who can't. This is the biggest difference I recognized yesterday, empathy & patience.

Chris is very good at determining the abilities of the riders in the group & riding just a tad above it (in other words, you'll take a beating but you'll like it) he will bring you to places that have great snow on a day where everyone says the snow sucks, he has the helpers & the patience to make you feel like you're not holding up the group every time you get stuck, and he is (and his buddies are) great people. As soon as I learned to ride at the front of the pack so I didn't have to deal with running into the other stucks (I had plenty myself too, don't get me wrong) I had a blast!

It was a great day & from the perspective of a guy that was expecting it to be a waste of $$.... I HIGHLY reccomend!

So, if you're on the fence & not sure if it's worth it, book a day, you won't be dissapointed.

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
this is going to be 30th birthday present to myself next winter. Sounds like a blast and worth the money. :D

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Great review. I don't agree with you on all points, but it's likely because I'm not half the rider most of you mountain guys are. :)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I just got back from Burandts.... I have a lot to write but for now...AWESOME trip!!

He pushes you to step up your game and take something back with you to work on at home.

Great hospitality, super clean and comfortable accomodations. Great tasting food.

I was down on strength after a bout of Pnemonia but Chris and his right hand man, Sahen made it an experience to remember.

I was on an RTR 800 the whole time... that thing rocks... super smoooth and crap loads of power... worked real well in the trees... Boondockers/CBBA have these things really dialed... and I'm a Polaris guy!!

Premium Features