• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding with Chris Burandt ?

M

MNsnwdrift

Jan 27, 2008
I have plans to go out and ride with Chris Burandt this spring. Just would like to hear from some of you that have been there and riden with him. Just can't wait to go.

What should a guy know before going ?
I consider myself an average mountian rider, is that enough or do I need to be an expert to go ?
What size of group would I be riding with ?
How much fun is it ?
Is it worth the money ?

THANK YOU !!

B
Jan 29, 2009
Wyoming
I have not rode with him, but a buddy of mine did. He said it was awesome. He took his Ski-doo and rode it, said he should have never done that. The cats that Chris has are sick I guess. Fully tricked out, and they just dominated his Ski-doo.

So from what I hear it is awesome!! and you should ride his sleds!

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Rode with Chris and Brett Rasmussen in Alpine during the Hill Climbs last year. My first year riding in the mtns.

Learned more on that day by just watching. Go do it and learn, not sure about the cost. But if you want to step up from an average rider, what better way than to ride with the best....... there is that priceless thing again.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Hyrum UT
Riding

I rode with Chris in Jan. It was the best time ever. More than well worth the money. I would do it again any time I could. His sleds are tricked out and run very well. You should be just fine. Keep an open mind and watch and learn. When are you going up.

H

harper

Dec 16, 2007
manitoba
I just spent 3 days with Burandt and it was crazy.

I found the elevation to be a biotch, headaches all day long, getting stuck all day didnt make the headaches any better.

He rides where Billy Goats wont go , pushed us right to the limit and past.
Learned a lot and realized have a lot to learn yet.... a humbling experience.

Take all the gloves you own with you, they get wet real quick and you will need to change pairs every couple of hours.

Rentals have a high deducatble if you smash them up, and you will hit something out there. He just loves the trees , your always in them.

Have a blast

rtrs.jpg

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was with Harper on this trip. It was outrageous. The guy must get off on destroying people's mental capacity to think straight. I've never been so stuck, tired, PO'd and defeated all at once.

Bring your A game, you're going to need every bit of it and then some. Nothing could have prepared me for what we went through. I'm sure the new addition of snow the night before didn't help at all.

Chris' guide Sahen is a great help and has no problem telling you what you need to do to avoid the issue the next time.

Good luck, you'll need it.

ManBearPig

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2008
Rexford, Montana
From my experience with riding with Chris, If you smoke... quit now.
Extra gloves, goggles a big plus.
Great time and even a better education in a demented sort of way. After the first day, I was so sore I couldn't touch my face. Oh yeah, avoid that temptation to bring your stock Apex.

Last edited:
M

MNsnwdrift

Jan 27, 2008
We are just going up to ride with him for a day which is March 19th then headed up to the snowies for some more riding before or after not for sure yet but thanks for the advice and luck sounds like fun just can not wait!!!

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I would suggest that you ride with him at the beginning of your trip while you are fresh. We just happened to hook up with him on the last day of a week of riding. He and Sahn are incredible riders, don't be afraid to call them out on something you want to learn. Our morning was nothing more than a follow the leader and stuck fest, but after lunch we called out for some specifics and the last couple of hours were great. If you go with the attitude that your machine is just that and that short of a major event, everything can be replaced, you will have an awesome time. I was nosed into a tree with in the first 15 minutes. Will definately do it again but will go for two days and will stay with his family at their lodge.

Enjoy.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I plan on riding with him as well but I will rent one of his tm8's. Apparently we have to go to mexico first and I am jobless ....fkuck.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
I plan on riding with him as well but I will rent one of his tm8's. Apparently we have to go to mexico first and I am jobless ....fkuck.

I am speechless, who the hell is we????? Ok, Riding or Mexico.....mmmm margs and sun or snow and turbos.

OK, I'm sorry, divorce is really expensive. I bought my X a YZ 490 for our anniversary one year. Worked out well wouldn't you say..... :D

M
Nov 27, 2007
Nampa, ID
Any new updates or reports from anyone that has just returned from riding with Chris? What have the snow conditions been like lately? It looks like they get new snow about every night up there from the weather reports.... We are heading there in about a week for 4 days of riding. It should be great!!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I've ridden with Chris and got to spend 4 days helping him get ready for the season so I have a pretty good take on him.

Don't show up and be a bad *** unless you can back it up because he WILL test you.

Chris is one the most down to earth guys you'll ever meet!! Just don't talk about Michigan.:D

Seriously, you can't go wrong! The sleds rock and he WILL show you a good time but don't expect any pitty party. You will eat well thanks to Bev!

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Just curious, anyone ever NOT get stuck on a ride with Chris? maybe something to shoot for, try and get stuck less then Chris....probrably not possible, would like to hear testimonials:):cool:

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
I would kill to ride with him. And by the time i save enough to go and ride with him he will be to damn old to whip a sled around with my luck... Kinda spendy IMO, but he is the BEST in the biz.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If it wasn't for the cooking you get at the beginning and end of a ride, us flatlanders would be dead by noon, no kidding. Get altitude pills before you head out if possible. The 4 day lack-of-oxygen headache really takes the wind out of your sails.

Stuck #1 of the day. Under 5 minutes riding:

IMG_0109.jpg

Stuck #3 of the day. Under 10 minutes of riding:

IMG_0111.jpg

Fly over the handlebars #1 of the day. Under 20 minutes riding:
IMG_0114.jpg

Chris testing out the seat of his rental with my carbide after stuck #7

IMG_0732.jpg

Somewhere between stuck #8 and Branch to the shoulder causing dismount #4:
IMG_0127.jpg

If you're considering doing it, GO AND DO IT. You'll never regret or forget it. I'll go back, but I know what to expect now. I'll tell ya, I'm going to have to get in shape this summer. Those guys can RIDE.

Premium Features