• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension from 08/09 CATon 08 nytro mtx?

W

woodies

i know there is a couple of sleds with cat suspension in them, if i can find them i'll post picture.

W

woodies

spoon
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2007

Cheap Turbo Nytro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Nytro with pump gas Northwest mid mount turbo kit. Trail tank, boost controller, AEM guages, 08 Cat rear float skid, 162 camo track,

sorry no pictures with his post but if you pm he might be able to help you.

B
Dec 4, 2007
Ok, thank you!:)

If there are anyone who have done that and have pics of the skid mount on the sled it would be fine. I sold my -07 M1000 153" last week and thinking switch to 08 nytro mtx, put an mcxturbo on it and mounting a 08/09 cat skid on. A catdealer here have a complete 2008 153" sno pro skid for a very low price..and thats why i need to know if there are any issues and mountingtroubles with it before i buy it..:rolleyes:

B
Dec 4, 2007
I did it. 08 M8 skid into 08 Nytro. Let me go through my stuff when I get home, then I can send pics and measurements.

Thank you. I have a 153" -08 that i can buy for a low price, but want some pics and mount details before i buy it. Can i use the stock brackets or Are you using dropbrackets from Timbersled? If you could post som pics and details it would be fine:)

U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
I bought spoon's sled off him. Skid goes right in the stock holes. Skid is a 153 with extentions to make it a 162 (looks like a 3" extension). A 153 skid will not fit the stock track, you will need a 156 or bigger track to make the skid work or you will have to mount the skid in a different position.

B
Dec 4, 2007
Come on..somebody out there must have some pics... Thinking of use a 153" cat skid with ext. and a camo extreme 162" track and 10" wheel.

PICTURES:)

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
here is a pic its a 162 i did not do the install the guy i bought the sled from did.
Picture171.jpg

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Thank you! NICE MACHINE!:) Anybody with stock tunnel and cat skid mount out there?

Bones.
I did a 162 cat skid in my STOCK tunnel and it was great.
You do not want to mount this skid in the stock holes if you are running higher than 12#'s I will check my tunnel on the mounting to be sure. But I believe the front mount was 2" forward and 2 1/4" up from the stock hole. I will be back to my office next week and I will check again if you still need the info. cheers:beer; dc

B
Dec 4, 2007
Bones.
I did a 162 cat skid in my STOCK tunnel and it was great.
You do not want to mount this skid in the stock holes if you are running higher than 12#'s I will check my tunnel on the mounting to be sure. But I believe the front mount was 2" forward and 2 1/4" up from the stock hole. I will be back to my office next week and I will check again if you still need the info. cheers:beer; dc

Ok. If you have some pictures of the mounting, wheels etc it would be fine. Thank you for the info!:beer;:)

M
Sep 11, 2008
Saskatchewan
bones - sorry I didnt get back to you, I was on vacation. I have the 153 skid mounted into the somewhat stock tunnel. Relocated the front mount holes and made new drop brackets. The sled has way better flotation now but does not transfer weight very well. I will play with it more this winter. I will send some pics when I get home from work.

Premium Features