• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear arm 121, 136 or in between somewhere?

M
Aug 21, 2008
Central MM
When I built my sled (basically a ZR stretched to a 136) I used a 136 skid, but left the rear arm in the 121 position. I did this for a few reasons, the first is my tunnel is from a ’00 Sno-Pro so it’s the two piece style and I wanted to keep the rear arm mounted in the front half of the tunnel (or as close as possible for strength) and secondly because I’m running 8” rear idlers so if I run the rear arm in the 136 position, when it collapsed it’d interfere with the larger idlers. However…I’ve got a ton of ski lift, which sounds like is a common issue when keeping the rear arm in the 121 position on a 136 skid. I need to do some looking, I might be able to stiffen my rear springs up and play around with the front arm shock and get it better. But a buddy of mine runs the same style tunnel as me and had the same concerns with where the rear arm should go, he’s running a 151 skid and put his arm about half way between the 121 & 136 skid and has good luck. Just wonder if anyone else has tried this or tried anything else to help keep the skis on the ground. It’s not bad in the powder, but on the trail it’s a little tough to ride…

Any other thoughts ideas? This is skid from a '98 LE Powder Special.

Premium Features