• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Really quick and stupid question about VForce reeds

F
Dec 4, 2008
Ok - I got set of slightly used V-force delta 2 reeds a few years back from a friend...I put them in and have been running them ever since....(had no instructions)

Stupid Question: In the stock reed cage there was a yellow plastic insert that was roughtly the same shape as the carb inlet that inserted in the stock reed cage...dealer said (on the phone) that i didn't need it with the new reeds - which did not have one-, he thought. I never put the stock one back in. Saw a picture of V-force 3 reeds out of the box on ebay the other day and low and behold - THEY seem to have a set of these inserts in their kit. Was my kit missing a set of inserts due to it being used? Should I have put the stock yellow plastic inserts in with the new reeds? (edit: I looks like they are referred to as "stuffers in another post".

On a side note - after a couple of years my reed petals have a barely visible amount of what looks like roughness on the ends of one or two of them. Time to replace or are they good for a bit yet - they still seem to fit snug and the roughness is VERY slight - almost invisible - to the point where I'm not sure they might have had this amount of rough on them when I got them...

any help i can get would be greatly appreciated...

and yes - I probably should have researched this 2 years ago...

Thanks.

Last edited:
T
Dec 25, 2007
post up some pics of the reeds. Hate to say buy some new ones when I haven't seen 'em. But, if you are in doubt, it can make for a bad situation when they crack out in the backwoods.

Premium Features