• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raised my bars 5.5'' today

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Well, I had a 3 inch riser on my M1000 but it wasn't quite enough. Got a Rox adjustable 4-5.5 inch riser, but failed to get a pivot bracket. Instead I used the original aluminum clamp and placed it under the Rox riser so it could be mounted flat. I put a Fly extended brake line on, and an 09 M series throttle cable, which was about 1.5-2 inches longer. I hoped to get four inches of rise with this package, but after re-routing the throttle cable from the left to the right, I bet I could get 8 plus inches with this combo. I pulled the wire harness out from behind the aluminum fire wall and re-routed it as well, and gained the slack needed to raise my bars all of 5.5 inches.

For those who are thinking of raising their 08 M's higher than 2 or 3 inches, don't bother getting the extended throttle cable, just re-route it to the right side of the motor, it will gain you plenty of slack. The brake line is long enough to go atleast 4 inches, but you may need a longer line if you plan on going higher than that. Hope this helps... sure would have helped me a couple weeks ago!

Premium Features