• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Racing Returns to Bend, Oregon !!!

V

VinRacer12

Oct 16, 2011
Bend, OR
It was 2000 the last time snowmobile racing of any kind was held in Bend, Oregon. Now..12 years later, the Central Oregon Snowbusters and Pro Caliber of Bend present....the Central Oregon Snowmobile Drag Races February 11th and 12th, 2012 at the Frank Ellis/Wanoga Sno-Park.
Outlaw Class -- Winner Takes All -- $1,000 Guaranteed Payout !!
Call 1-866-318-7074 or 1-360-636-1220

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
gosh... fond memories... we drove down almost every weekend in the ninties... drag racing at Diamond Lake and then would set the sled up for snocross at Bend... it was really a lot of fun! G:plane:

V

VinRacer12

Oct 16, 2011
Bend, OR
Hey Mike!!

How you guys been? You doing any snowmobile drag racing now days? Yea...How can a guy forget being run over by you in the old man's snocross race in Bend!!!

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Hey Mike!!

How you guys been? You doing any snowmobile drag racing now days? Yea...How can a guy forget being run over by you in the old man's snocross race in Bend!!!

hey.. you tried to block my line... and I was only good for a lap or two anyway... didn't call me "Crash" for nothin.. and I thought you were just offering a little additional traction:face-icon-small-sho

We are NHRA drag racing... bracket racing two sleds, one a 600 the other an 800... at the small tracks we race cars at the bigger tracks we race bikes and other sleds... I sucked at it.. Janet finished 6 or 7th for our track in Pro Eliminator... sadly the terrain racing (snocross, x-county, and hill climb) is past us as our old bodies just don't handle the pounding anymore... but to be honest.. THE BEST RACIN was with the OSRC!!!

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Bracket/index/heads up classes? 2 stroke and 4 stroke run in same classes? Tried Pro Cal without much info.. Maybe someone can post the flyer?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
neither number worked for me, pro caliber number posted is for the washington shop, the toll free number??????

pro caliber of BEND said 660 ft and thats all that they could tell me. We need some more info!!!!

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
Used to go up every spring, great drags, Wongs from Roswell Idaho had a couple 707 triples that went like crazy, unfortunately he passed away, he was one hell of a competitor. Can't wait to get up there and take this in might even bring up some old school mods.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Anybody want to be competitive in the small cc open class? I got an old fashioned turbo with nitrous injection mtn class dragster that is collecting dust. Once upon a time this was an elite sled. We pretty much dominated if they had a class for us. Back in those days anything open was classed together so the best of the best 250HP and up guys could out run us. NOT THE AVERAGE GUYS AND DEFINITELY NOT THE LITTLE GUYS! No time, no races, and nobody wants to drive across the world to wrench. Those where the days!

Heck I even have a sweet gooseneck race trailer to throw in ...you can be instantly a big time racing team!

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Called pro cal again. They are about as usless with this as it comes to this point. Its my understanding Mark Young and John Clapp are a part of this. Ill try and get some info from one of them?

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Heres the flyer.. Hoping to get some class rules as well as what equipment will be there. Are we talking pre stage, stage, 60, MPH, and win lights or is the an arm/flag drop deal?? Either will be fun. Now looking to find out what makes what not fit into a class. This is creeping up and all we need is snow and answers. My crew will be there rippin a few strokers and pokers in a few different classes..

Poster-for-drags1.jpg

D
Mar 16, 2009
Bend, OR.
Currently working on the snowbusters web site to get the information updated. This is a first year program & so the classes will be fairly open. We will have 6,7, & 800 stock & improved. 800 & 1000 open, the outlaw class which is exactly as stated- anything goes winner takes all, $1000.00 payout!
Also a ladies only 800 imporved class with $250.00 payout.

Track will be min. of 500' & trying to get it to 660'. Will start off a christmas tree & have finish line beams. Also sleds will start off of a starting block which will be 16' long with a track down the center.

Racing will be held both Saturday & Sunday with class winners each day. Outlaw class & ladies only class winners will be awarded Sunday. Winner of Sat. will race winner of Sunday for the money.

If you have any questions please email me directly @ cosnowbusters@gmail.com

Thanks, Matt

Premium Features