• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quik question about reeds

S
Mar 6, 2009
I have a 2001 xc 700 and i put a set of reeds in on the weekend - there is 2 rubber flaps on the reed cages can anyone tell me the reason for these being there--- also i found when i took it apart one was on the bottom and one was on the top ... and do i need these ?

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I have a 2001 xc 700 and i put a set of reeds in on the weekend - there is 2 rubber flaps on the reed cages can anyone tell me the reason for these being there--- also i found when i took it apart one was on the bottom and one was on the top ... and do i need these ?

they go on the bottem, you don't need them.

what are they for ............I really don't know. Some sleds had them, Must didn't.

If I had to guess I would say they are combination - Stuffer/ spacer taker upper / Help keep moisture out of there so the screws don't rust. :eek:

There stupid. IMO

S
Mar 6, 2009
Thanks

Well they are a stuffer i finally found a dealer that would awnser my question .. they only came out a couple years and are there to help the air flow into the bottom of the engine properly .. they said i really don't need them but will notice the sled running a little rougher if i don't put them in ..... So i puttum back in on the bottom .. space taker upper more then likely -- performance something or other (i doubt it ) thanx dan for the reply !:beer;

Premium Features