• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

QUESTION:Edge trailing arm settings???

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
For boondocking and hill climbing, where are you guys running your trailing arms? In the wide or narrow stance??

Thanks for the input.

Wayne

O
Dec 6, 2007
Narrow for sure. Wide for trail riders:D Narow means easier tipping when boondocking, easier to get it up on one ski to sidehill, easier to turn out when you have made the climb. Also, cut the swaybar out of there, this also helps all of the above. The wide stance and swaybar are trail rider crutches.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Narrow for sure. Wide for trail riders:D Narow means easier tipping when boondocking, easier to get it up on one ski to sidehill, easier to turn out when you have made the climb. Also, cut the swaybar out of there, this also helps all of the above. The wide stance and swaybar are trail rider crutches.

Agree!

The Edge chassis is so low and 'flat' to begin with, the narrow setting makes it much more compliant.

Narrow setting, sway bar out, and limiters out actually makes it fun to ride. Just be careful on the trail corners...

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
Thanks for the input guys! I already have the swaybar removed and the limiters adjusted out so I'll narrow the stance now and see how she rides. I was thinking my edge needed to be more nimble on the side hills.:beer;

Premium Features