• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question about adding Idler wheels on RMK

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
Im looking to add a 3rd idler wheel on each of the rails of my rmk 700. the problem is that i dont know how to get them or add them on. its a really stupid question probably, but is there a kind of kit i can get anywhere? ive looked everywhere and they probably dont sell 3rd wheel kits anymore for this sled. also how can i get the parts necessary to actually do this??

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I looked at the Polaris web site, Accessories, Mountain, and found a Bogie Wheel kit for $40, part number 2878251. The kit has all you need to bolt the wheel up to the rail. It is pretty apparent where and how the wheel connects to the rail. Hope this helps. 550iq

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
I'm talking about something for a gen 2 rmk. I looked at this and it was for a proride rmk, with the new chassis. Unless it they are universal between the sus

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I still think they will fit. Measure your existing wheel diameters and compare to the kit's. I know that the mounting brackets have not changed through the years (Gen 2 on). Looking in a salvage yard will be your only other course of action. Scratchers are another alternative to the wheels. Bogie wheels do cause the sliders to wear unevenly (no wear at wheel locations vs. wear every where else resulting in a wavy, thick - thin condition). 550iq

Premium Features