• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PTO Side Engine Mount/Plate

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Has it been determined why these have a failure point in the middle? Mine is ok, but planning to upgrade to a big bore during the offseason and may want to upgrade this in the process. Both clutches have been balanced as well, just trying to remove every possible cause.

I wasn't able to find a billet aftermarket. Anybody make one?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The only aftermarket i am aware of is the TCL delete. I think the best option is to buy 2017-2020 solid TCL. U could try the 2021 Carbon fiber?
Gotta buy the 2017+ jackshaft pillow block also. U can use the same bearing but might as well replace it while ur there.

Sent it

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
The only aftermarket i am aware of is the TCL delete. I think the best option is to buy 2017-2020 solid TCL. U could try the 2021 Carbon fiber?
Gotta buy the 2017+ jackshaft pillow block also. U can use the same bearing but might as well replace it while ur there.

Sent it
Is this made by EVP in Somerset WI? I was having trouble finding the mfg. If that's correct, looks like they are out of the snowmobile parts biz. Only thing offered was sxs products.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Has it been determined why these have a failure point in the middle? Mine is ok, but planning to upgrade to a big bore during the offseason and may want to upgrade this in the process. Both clutches have been balanced as well, just trying to remove every possible cause.

I wasn't able to find a billet aftermarket. Anybody make one?
I don't have any facts why they fail only theory, I think it is due to motor mount wearing out. If you look back at part numbers they do change up, I would get the latest mounts and carbon fiber link for the BB.

N
Jul 23, 2008
Has anybody seen one of these fail and damage other components? Any concern about damage to secondary, jackshaft, gears, crank or anything else?

TCL2.jpeg

G

gp800

Sep 25, 2017
There are two options, you can update to the newer 17+ solid part or the 21+ carbon part. I ran the carbon one on my 600 turbo last season and it seemed much stiffer when installing and seemed to hold up well.

N
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks for the reply. TCL replacement seems straightforward, I'm more interested in whether the total failure shown in the attached pic is a cause for concern about other parts in that area. Cleary the secondary moveable sheave is damaged from contacting the TCL (should it be replaced?). I've only seen one other complete break like this and the owner said the primary grenaded and took everything out.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^that sheave is probably toast. id take the secondary off and apart. you can make a compressing tool if you dont have one. make sure everything inside is straight. make sure splines are not damaged. definently get an alignment tool and make sure thats correct when it goes back on. last step is belt deflection adjustment.

Premium Features