• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PTO crank seal blowing oil

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Has anybody else had this problem? Had my sled in for servicing and was told that about a month and a half to two months ago Polaris is recommending gas filter changes on the new sleds so they had to order one as they are different than the older ones. Also was informed that they had to order a new PTO crank seal as it was leaking. Has anybody else had this problem? Sled has 2500 miles on it and has run great with no problems other than the bellows tearing about 500 miles ago.

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
Has anybody else had this problem? Had my sled in for servicing and was told that about a month and a half to two months ago Polaris is recommending gas filter changes on the new sleds so they had to order one as they are different than the older ones. Also was informed that they had to order a new PTO crank seal as it was leaking. Has anybody else had this problem? Sled has 2500 miles on it and has run great with no problems other than the bellows tearing about 500 miles ago.

Is this an 08 Dragon? If it were a 05 or prior 800 I would say it's time to replace/rebuild the crank. I've only seen a couple of 08's with that kind of mileage and neither one had any signs of a leaking seal..

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
I would do everything possible to try to get your dealership to check that crank out! When the seals start moving around it usually means crank problems.

Somithing else you may check out is the left front motormount. I've heard (on sw) that 1 guy had a motormount bolt break and it went throught the clutch and took out the seal...

Premium Features