• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Skidoo X

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
If I could...

I'd put a 800HO Cat motor with a Twisted Turbo and a K-Mod skid. 200+hp sub 450lbs

Vector motor, Alpine or ??? and a CR-10. 250-275hp sub-525lbs

Realistically if it were mine....

Turbo the 800HO and K-Mod it.

you took the words right out of my mouth:face-icon-small-coo

the M8 is proven, hell ive got two of em:face-icon-small-coo

people have went from the timber to the kmod and are very pleased with the Kmod, this will be something i add this summer

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
so.... I havent bother to call you lately, figured I would at least let your ears have some rest.. but have you done any thinking??? time to start hacking.. build season is upon us!! It will be good for you to knock out some of the tube stuff first, as I have NO clue what I want to be doing as far as tube parts goe.

funny thought, you know how bad the rev could dig a trench and not get stuck.. almost flip it straight over backwards and it owuld keep digging?? think how my sled is. think how it will be tubed out!!! and with limiters out and skid softened... got wheelie?!?!

this guy built his own tube tunnel, so im guessing he can tackle the cat lay down engine inside a rev...snowstar stuffed a M1000 in a IRQ and made his own custom pipe, i would contact him about the pipe

and treching is only related to the track and rear skid, you will feel zero lag on a turbo M engine, zero:face-icon-small-hap

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
this guy built his own tube tunnel, so im guessing he can tackle the cat lay down engine inside a rev...snowstar stuffed a M1000 in a IRQ and made his own custom pipe, i would contact him about the pipe

and treching is only related to the track and rear skid, you will feel zero lag on a turbo M engine, zero:face-icon-small-hap
trust me, I know josh pretty well, It didnt trench worse, it just allowed it to dig in 10x as far before it got stuck, creating some funny stuff. and again, not that you cant do it... He just learned from watching me.. some things are possible, just not the best ideas.

josh, I think im gonna have to work 2 jobs this summer to build something that will hang with you!!!

T

thewished

Jan 13, 2009
Bend, Oregon
Jumping on this thread to see where it goes! Sounds good and as far as the two strokes... the 700's do have the less rotating mass and lighter weight but gives significant gains over the 600. Turbo a 777 kit from carls and enjoy

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Jumping on this thread to see where it goes! Sounds good and as far as the two strokes... the 700's do have the less rotating mass and lighter weight but gives significant gains over the 600. Turbo a 777 kit from carls and enjoy

I like this idea alot and would love to, The only thing is Big bore+Turbo system = lots of money. I need to pipe down the sledding fund, not add more haha. Then again, You cant bring it with you when you go. well see where this adventure takes me. Pretty sure on the 2 stroke now. Just need to decide which one and find a deal.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well..... any chromoly been burned together yet??? or are you just still farting around??

Im shipping the lady off for the summer tommorow.. time for me to make some $$ and try and build something worthy of following this thing.. althought im not sure if I have the balls to follow you if your gonna be on something this nutty!!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Well, ended up making a deal for the 800 poo motor so this is what will be going in the beast. Real excited because im right next door to Mark Hoffman and CMX which has spent a lot of time with this motor and the Aerocharger which i plan on using for weight and simplicity. Will be rainy part on the week so hiding in the shop with the sled is where i will try to make it haha. Got to pull out my 900 motor first for some motor mount experimentation, then on to this project. Any sugestions on how to set this motor up for boost will be appriciated.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
More time? your the one putting a two turboed Cummins in a Ford and you say you need you need more time. HAHA I would love to run 35# but i dont think the 151 is up to the job of keeping the skis down at that power level. Once you can keep up with me at 10psi then ill turn the boost up. HEHE

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. you get the motor.. or are you just still just laying around doing nothing.. just givin you crap, gotta keep things on snowest alive. need pictures. remember, lauren leaves me for work all summer, so I got nothing better to do than work and talk about sleds.. you thought I harass you allot when im at school.. bwahhahah BACK TO WORK!!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Yep still just sitting around all of the time... NOT I will get the time to get this thing together. Its gonna be one of those things that i have to think about and build in my head quite a few times before i get going on it. Almost there, I promise

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
haha.. yeah, I know how it goes, the actual build time isnt to bad, the thinking and sitting and staring at it is the big kicker!! I havent really even started working on mine this season, just sitting and looking at it for at least half an hour a day and thinking about it as much as I can... and your building it, so I know it should be done up nice!!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Al right. Thinking of a new plan for the turbo also. Thinking of putting a 2871 garrett BB on with this beast. Anyone have any input between this turbo and a Areocharger 200/250. This will be on the '08 polaris 800 motor. Thanks

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Have a few updated pictures for you guys.
Got the chassis stripped down.
sledscamera025.jpg

sledscamera026.jpg

Got the motor 2008 polaris 800 CFI
sledscamera027.jpg

And the turbo im thinking of using off of the old sled
sledscamera028.jpg

here is one weak point on the tunnel i built last year
sledscamera029.jpg

I need to use some thicker aluminum and use a few more rivets.

I do need a primary clutch, Throttle bodies, black rev side pannels, and a fuel rail if any one has one.
PM me

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Not keeping the chain case this season. It was either go with all new Hyvo gears and chain or CMX belt drive. Marks shop is close and im always checking his stuff out. Decided to go with the belt drive. Picked up a template from him to get the chassis ready for it..... Wait a second, I still gotta build a chassis:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-hap

sledtoredown007.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that thing is gonna be STUPID!!! and the belt drive drops even more weight.. your gonna have a dang turbo paperweight!! now that I have a truck I can drive far.. I will be over in livingston drolling over it plenty!! I have a strange feeling you got a LOT of work ahead of you!, sure is gonna be a fun one thought!!

Premium Features