• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with 05 M7

05 M7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2009
Fullerton ND
I had bought a 05 m7 from a guy a few weeks ago and it has been running perfect since then but yestery day i went and rode it for 3 hours and it was running fine untill i came back later that day to ride it and it started fine but then after i let it warm up for a bit i noticed that i was iddleing different then usuall so when i went to get on it i pushed the trottle and started to sputter so i got it going and when i got on some open ground i opened it up and it would start to pull down then come back to normal.

Today i went to start it and see if it would run but when it started it ran for like 2 seconds and killed when i gave it some trottle

Any thoughs or ideas would help alot first snowmobile i have had

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
I had bought a 05 m7 from a guy a few weeks ago and it has been running perfect since then but yestery day i went and rode it for 3 hours and it was running fine untill i came back later that day to ride it and it started fine but then after i let it warm up for a bit i noticed that i was iddleing different then usuall so when i went to get on it i pushed the trottle and started to sputter so i got it going and when i got on some open ground i opened it up and it would start to pull down then come back to normal.

Today i went to start it and see if it would run but when it started it ran for like 2 seconds and killed when i gave it some trottle

Any thoughs or ideas would help alot first snowmobile i have had

change ur plugs ? any modds ?
mike

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
could be anything from a plugged fuel filters (in tank) to bad feul pump or injectors, your just going to have to track it down.

G
Nov 30, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
Take a light and shine it in the gas tank. See if u can see bubbles at the bottom of the tank. If there is there is water in the fuel. If present your smart valves are closing up. Condensation and any water introduced into the tank will close up the smart valves and the sled won't run right or run at all.

May be your problem or may not be.

L
Oct 14, 2008
Is your electrical working? lights/tailight/speedo? could be a short somewhere? I pinched my thumbwarmer wire when I put on some handguards and my sled did the same thing. Fixed the short and she ran fine.

J
Dec 24, 2007
sounds as simple as plugs to me, check them and I bet they are full of crap, make sure it warms up before you give it gas, sometimes when I start mine it almost wont idle so ill shut it down and fire it up and it runs normal, must reset or something

Premium Features