• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO RMK HID's

C
Mar 14, 2011
Calgary,AB
Anyone had any kind of success installing HID's in their PRO yet? I have been through 2 sets keep having the same problem. First set was a DDM H13 55 watt Hi/Lo set. works great until you rev the engine to engagement then they shut off completely. Bought the relay kit.....lights wont turn on at all....removed the relay kit and tried a analog set of 35watt HID's from a different supplier.....wont turn on at all!! but with the Hi/lo harness from the DDM set both the 35 and 55 digital and analog ballasts work....but.....same problem with both, around engagement lights turn off. I have electric start and have tried regular hid as well as bi-xenon!! only have 300 miles on machine but bought a charger and charged the battery as well!!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The Headlight circuit is AC power... not DC.

The problem could be lying there.

You will probably need to run a switched DC line from the battery to power up the ballast and run a load resistor on the AC side of things to keep the voltage stable in the circuits.

C
Mar 14, 2011
Calgary,AB
OK so now that I have done some looking into your suggestion, I have a coupe more questions. Seeing as how they light up at start up just fine do you think I could skip the dc trigger wire, leave it as is and add a 50w 60 ohm load resistor right close to the HID bulb pig tail? I am suprised alot of pro owners arent posting this issue on here.....or maybe its just because I am electrically challenged!! haha. Thanks again.

Premium Features