• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK 850 NA's - has anyone been able to order anything other than black?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
When my dealer tried to submit my wife's (blue) order to Polaris he found out he could not get any color other than black, And the sleds he is allocated are pre-configured, no changes (bars, windshield, gauges, etc) Has anyone been able to order something other than black for an 850 NA Pro RMK? I'm not talking about building it on the website I am talking about your dealer ACTUALY ORDERING THE SLED. The website will let you build whatever you want but the dealer can't actually submit your order.

Anyone? I know I could not.

My understanding is this does not apply to 9R's and Boosts. Those you can configure how you want and assuming your dealer isn't out already you can get what you want.

One more lie from Polaris - the lies are getting kind of old, aren't they?

" You can have any color you want as long as it is black" - Henry Ford

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I am going to find out in about 2 hours weather I can order a blue one.

Edit. Just called 2 larger dealers & you are correct. 850 N/A's are preconfigured from Polaris. Both dealers said that blue is not even offered in the 850 NA model from what they have seen. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I am going to find out in about 2 hours weather I can order a blue one.

Edit. Just called 2 larger dealers & you are correct. 850 N/A's are preconfigured from Polaris. Both dealers said that blue is not even offered in the 850 NA model from what they have seen. Ridiculous.
It doesn't pay to be poor ? Step up and order one of the $24,000 sleds. I wish I could have ordered black in my Boost because I think the Pro colors suck

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
It doesn't pay to be poor ? Step up and order one of the $24,000 sleds. I wish I could have ordered black in my Boost because I think the Pro colors suck
I want a 850 NA so can install SLP Outlaw twins. Ended up with a all black Khaos Slash 155 with a 7S at least. Really liked the blue though.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I want a 850 NA so can install SLP Outlaw twins. Ended up with a all black Khaos Slash 155 with a 7S at least. Really liked the blue though.
So you read about half a dozen P22 failures on here but you completely glazed over the 4 page thread of us all saying the twin pipes suck a$$? You my friend win the internet. Just admit you can't afford the $700 Boost/9R payment ???

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
So you read about half a dozen P22 failures on here but you completely glazed over the 4 page thread of us all saying the twin pipes suck a$$? You my friend win the internet. Just admit you can't afford the $700 Boost/9R payment ???
You are something else bud. Can get the twins to run just fine if you know what you are doing. I can afford any sled I want & LOL on a sled payment. I don't carry loans on recreational vehicles. Cheers.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Well you should go show SLP how to get them to run since you know what you are doing! ?
I missed a chance to ride my buddy's sled with twins. Got sidetracked getting my daughter unstuck. 22 matryx. He said first year was total loss but new tune and it rips. Price and missed riding makes 9r and boost look cheap.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I missed a chance to ride my buddy's sled with twins. Got sidetracked getting my daughter unstuck. 22 matryx. He said first year was total loss but new tune and it rips. Price and missed riding makes 9r and boost look cheap.
Yeah but you also got to ride with Big Gay Wade in McCall. You should have asked him how awesome his SLP twins were? I don't believe anyone who says they run good. EVERY set I have seen in person sucked.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yeah but you also got to ride with Big Gay Wade in McCall. You should have asked him how awesome his SLP twins were? I don't believe anyone who says they run good. EVERY set I have seen in person sucked.
Wade and those guys came through montana on yhe way to Cooke when i took them. I may have pulled on a ski on a 175. Snow was epic.
That's why i wanted to try it myself. I'll catch him another day. No desire to run them myself

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I assume that in the next 24 - 48 hours the color choices will be gone for the 850 NA's. - kinda like the reference to smart warmers last year! " Hey we're gonna offer this!" "Oh wait, no we're not. And we never intended to - that was marketing's fault. They didn't get the memo"

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Yup I tried to order a 155 850 Khaos in the tan/orange. First dealer only had 1 allocation that they called a stocking sled. So all black and 1 year warranty. Same deal with the second dealer. 3rd dealer was given a couple all black with the 7s. one with e-start and one without They had one tan/orange khaos and one red pro but both had standard gauges. Kinda ridiculous that they come out with all these options and colors and then you cant even order them or mix and match how you want. Ended up going with all black from third dealer. Have bought 2 sleds from them in the past. They are cheaper because they don't charge freight or PDI. Also didn't feel like phoning 300 dealers trying to find that specific color. So between saving $600 on the price of the sled because of the color and the savings on fees I guess I will just wrap it.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I've talked to five dealers now and 4 of them had no idea that they were already allocated pre-configured sleds and that they could not be customized. One dealer got a bit heated about it so I submitted a snowcheck to him and bet him money he couldn't get the sled. That was over two hours ago so I assume he owes me money and I'll never hear from him again! I found a dealer with a red 155 and two dealers with blue 165's but no blue 155's yet. Evidently the ones who went to the dealer show and paid attention know. The rest do not.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
"he found out he could not get any color other than black, And the sleds he is allocated are pre-configured, no changes (bars, windshield, gauges, etc)"

^^ This is 99% correct for 850's. There are a FEW colours that may allocated, but it will be luck of the draw if the model/track/starter/guage combo you are looking for is also the colour you're looking for. Most likely black. I feel the 850 allocations will go quick - the numbers are definitely pushed toward 9R and Boost

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Yup I tried to order a 155 850 Khaos in the tan/orange. First dealer only had 1 allocation that they called a stocking sled. So all black and 1 year warranty. Same deal with the second dealer. 3rd dealer was given a couple all black with the 7s.

Wait, are you saying that it's only a 1 year warranty? How the f*** does someone get a three year warranty then? What would it even apply to?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
You are going to make a 16 hour round trip for a blue/black sled instead of a black/black sled? You're going to burn up a good chunk of the 9R price difference in fuel/hotel/food/your time.... no?

Last edited:
Premium Features