• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro, assault, or Rmk?

R

Rrrrrrandyw

Dec 9, 2010
Ogden, Utah
Okay so the the wife gave me the okay to buy my first brand new sled. So now I have to decide which one. I ride mostly mountains and back country, and have been riding for about 6 years, so it looks like one of these three. Any advice?

F
Jan 8, 2008
Plainfield,IL
I'm in the same boat. Currently I have a 02 XCSP 800 stretched to 136. I'm looking at the 155 pro rmk or an Assault 144. My riding most of my riding is in Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin. With a yearly trip to Colorado for riding. We ride a mix of on trail and off trail. So I can't decide which one to get.

Code Blue

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2011
Spokane
I rode the Pro all last year, two weeks ago I picked up an Assault, I can't answer your direct question (YET)..
However all three are the same short of the different suspensions, and those can be altered to the nth degree..
Good luck and keep us posted..

F
Jan 8, 2008
Plainfield,IL
FatDogX have you ridden your Assault yet? After reading your post I'm still undecided between the 155 pro RMK and 144 Assault. Part of me says the 144 Assault. Which Assault did you get the RMK version or SwitchBack version?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
FatDogX have you ridden your Assault yet? After reading your post I'm still undecided between the 155 pro RMK and 144 Assault. Part of me says the 144 Assault. Which Assault did you get the RMK version or SwitchBack version?

I went with the RMK / 155 Assault and unfortunately I have not been able to put any miles on her yet.

Code Blue

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2011
Spokane
What version of the Assault did you get 144 or 155?

155 that way both of my sled's are the same short of the shocks..

The 144 is the (crossover)/switchback, or the 600 rmk, if I'm wrong someone jump in here,
I suspect the 155's we are all writing about is the (deep snow) versions, aka 800 rmk,--- rmk pro,--- rmk assault..

Last edited:

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
There is a big difference in the tracks. Assault is stiff for tracked out conditions hard/soft, and will trench in deep powder. Kinda sucks in all soft conditions. The RMK track is best in soft snow. Think hard about how much riding you will actually do in either condition. All soft snow and mountains? Pick RMK.

Tracked up mountain snow, hard to soft then hard again (bumpy trail), and jumping? Get the assault.

Premium Features