• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro-Armor Plug n Play from OFT Racing vs SPI tether switch from Adrenalineworld.com

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
Im looking to put a kill switch/Tether on my sled. I found one from adrenalineworld.com model SM-01564 for 28 buck which looks just like the Pro-Armor. The Pro-Armor is almost 60 buck at CR Racing.com

Can I get some opinions on what people are using?

They are both plug in play which I like.

Audette13

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
i have ran the pro armor for a few season now and like it. Ices up sometimes on deep days, just have to check it once and a while. I'm sure all that style do that in the right conditions.

I did break the prong once, i believe it was due to the angle i had it on my bars. i have since made an L bracket that mounts on my steering post under the bar mount. This makes the angle much less stressful on the prong. Also have one made of aluminum as a back up.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
L Bracket?

i have since made an L bracket that mounts on my steering post under the bar mount. This makes the angle much less stressful on the prong. Also have one made of aluminum as a back up.
That sounds like a good solution to a potential problem... Do you have any photos of the L bracket you could post to give us an example of how you mounted it??

Thanks!

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
We run a few of the pro armor and like them.

We had issues with the red button style ones in the snow/ice and making contact all the time.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Thanks for the photos!

i have since made an L bracket that mounts on my steering post under the bar mount. This makes the angle much less stressful on the prong. Also have one made of aluminum as a back up.

Thanks for posting the photos, I think that looks like a great solution!

I've had the same problem with photos from my phone being positioned correctly in my album and then rotating when I try to post them... Anyone have a solution for that one..?:face-icon-small-con

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
fwiw, pro armor has zero customer service. mine split down the middle on the first ride out. can't buy replacement parts and they don't do warranty. I won't be making that mistake again...buying their products that is.

jdubu

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2010
Jackson, WY and Victor, ID
Re: Pro Armor Customer Service

I had a minor (albeit all my fault) problem with my Pro Armor Tethor.

During my first ride after installing the tether, I realized I had to reposition it. I was hesitant to do it in the back country out of fear of losing one of the small set screws that secure it to the bars.

Well, I did it anyway...and to no surprise, I lost one of the screws. Three of them secured it no problem for the rest of my ride.

A couple days later I called Pro Armor...told them my story. They sent me four replacement screws...no questions asked...no charge...not even for shipping

Just my experience, but I found their customer service to be great!!

Audette13

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
fwiw, pro armor has zero customer service. mine split down the middle on the first ride out. can't buy replacement parts and they don't do warranty. I won't be making that mistake again...buying their products that is.

I bought 2 replacement lanyards/clip assemblies with ease, then i made one out of aluminum, since relocating i haven't broke one.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I bought 2 replacement lanyards/clip assemblies with ease, then i made one out of aluminum, since relocating i haven't broke one.

would you mind letting me know where to find one? i've been looking for a while and decided to make one a year ago...still haven't gotten around to it yet.:face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features