• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Commander v ?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Thinking about getting one, do they work? I had the latest map installed and I lost rpm on top with little to no change in mid range,going in today to have it changed back. I have been working all season to get my sled to run right up high (by high I mean from 5000 to 7500ft) the best I have been able to get is an average of about 8000rpm, most of the time only 7950rpm. I have the SLP single, blue pink primary spring and 68 MTX weights, on a 163 09 D8. I had the up date to the double ring pistons done in OCT. Last Year I was able to do 8150rpm with stock pipe and HPS can with stock clutching. Tried that again and only could get 7900rpm and lost a lot of track speed. Would like to just get it back to 8150rpm. I am starting to get a little frustrated. Will the power commander help ? and who has the best map ?

G
Jan 31, 2010
similar issue

I have an 08 my buddys got 09 D8's both were running great before upgrade then lost revs. hes piped i just have the thing can. Just wondering what your track speed is> Im pulling 8000 which is the best I can get after going to 42 degree helix but lost track speed also. I have since geared down to a 42 tooth bottom hopingh it will let me clutch back up and hold the revs and track speed. My dealer has given me yellow power valve springs which are way softer than what was put in with the upgrade. were hoping that will help hold the revs. About the power commander a buddys running it he went with the 09 flash in his 2008 dragon and says its pulling 8300 all day and pulling hard 20 hp difference they say. only done 1 trip dont know how she'll hold up....KABOOM???

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Every sled is different, but I added the PCV after the update and the sled has not stopped working awesome. 8200 RPM's consistantly. Buying the PCV doesn't fix clutching issues, it just manages your fuel delivery on top of the ECM map. I never ran w/o the PCV so I'm not sure if I would have had clutching issues or not.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
I have an 08 my buddys got 09 D8's both were running great before upgrade then lost revs. hes piped i just have the thing can. Just wondering what your track speed is> Im pulling 8000 which is the best I can get after going to 42 degree helix but lost track speed also. I have since geared down to a 42 tooth bottom hopingh it will let me clutch back up and hold the revs and track speed. My dealer has given me yellow power valve springs which are way softer than what was put in with the upgrade. were hoping that will help hold the revs. About the power commander a buddys running it he went with the 09 flash in his 2008 dragon and says its pulling 8300 all day and pulling hard 20 hp difference they say. only done 1 trip dont know how she'll hold up....KABOOM???

My track speed is 40 mph heavy powder 30 degrees, 7950 to 8000 rpm.
stock secondary, blue/pink primary,68 Mtx weights 1g belly. could run 8150
be for upgrade, have not tried the to change the valve springs, let me know how yours works.

Premium Features