• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris!! Thanks and No Thanks!!!

D
Again get your FACTS straight and thanks for the name calling. I would have thought a 63+ year old would have been above that.

I don't care if you talk bad about doo but you always talk about me working on my sled every night but seem to forget you work on your poo in the morning.

I was 80% of the problems with the 900! I think 80% of the people had problems with the 900. How come the 900 was only made for two years ?

I rode the 05 272 miles COMPLETLEY STOCK and LOST $1000 on it. DON'T sit here and tell me you gave me every cent back. I was told the problems were fixed for 06 by you and the dealer rep. I snowchecked the 06 for the same dollar amount as others which I doubt was cost. If it was you did that for others too.

The first trip with the 06 BONE STOCK I went thru three belts in three days of riding. I understand with my style of riding I will go thru more belts then most but my 02 poo took a belt every 9 days of riding. When I still owned the 06 sled I hade it into you for the bad vibration and you guys stuck the stock stuff back on except the air box and the vibration was still there. On the 06 I bought an slp pipe, can and air intake from you and set the sled up per SLP. So if this is the internet hype you talk about me listening to then why do you sell SLP stuff ?

The fact is I told you I knew I was going to lose my a$$ on trade but make me an offer anyway but you said you didn't want another 900. If you got the feeling I wanted all my money back it wasn't from me.

If you don't want to ride with me thats ok I have four other groups of people I ride with and none of them have a problem with the "09 xp". At least I would be able to change clickers on my clutch without it being posted on the internet that "the 09xp that I ride with is always working on his sled".

HA HA all in good fun.

Last edited:
D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Thanks sled guy and chumbilly for understanding. I tried to make two basic points, I like Polaris sleds, but I think there pricing is getting out of hand. I wrote this post hoping that possibly the right person from Polaris corporate might see a rental guys perspective and possibly correct what I think will prove to be a mistake. I didn't write this so some random guy, who has never rented from me, could accuse me and most rental businesses of screwing everyone. Plenty of cussing and negative tone for a guy who "heard" this from a buddy. Now he's goining to give a economics lesson to me about my business, come on. I would love to explain how the rental business works, how much sleds are depreciating in 2009, insurance, short seasons, resale, permits, commercial licensing, etc. But why? Not the point of the post. This post got alot of attention, thats's what I was after. Maybe the right guy will read it. Have a great summer, pray for snow next season.
Later, Rob

Right on! I don't believe some people understand that the daily price of a sled rental has to cover a lot of expenses other than the sled itself. There is a reason some people are in business for themselves and some work for others.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Drifter; Put the pipe down and wait to clear your head. I wasn't blasting any manufacture ,Doo nor Cat nor Yam; got it!! as for the rest of your story as with most people that have had a disapointing purchase your memory is geared toward the dissapointment and total reality is clouded Sorry I couldn't please you; and i'm glad that you love your Doo. PS I wasn't even blasting you but every trip you go on with my group you work on it every night , which is great I'm so glad that you have the drive to excell as much as you doo, me at 63? I just want to ride and stay back in the pack with the rest of the pups. God I love mountain riding, hope next year is a better year for the poor Poo guys. END OF STORY.

Premium Features