• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Star Protection Plus extended warranty

camo323

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Spokane
I own a 2008 D8 and assumed the warranty covered such items as when your sled wouldnt run. I started it up and put it into reverse when it suddenly died and wouldnt start. I was guessing it might have been the stator but didnt worry since it was under warranty right...

Long story short the TPS sensor was out of adjustment and I assumed the warranty would cover this since this isnt a scheduled maintenance item. WRONG, the warranty only covers a part if it fails not adjusted. I now know to try and diagnose it myself before taking to the dealer when its under warranty($200 later after adjustment and diagnostic time). FYI- This Polaris Star Protection Plus extended warranty is a 3rd party company that Polaris hires.

D
Jan 2, 2008
n45.38w116.18
there is also a cap on the polaris star warrenty. ive hit it and my warrenty is gone 9 months earlier than expected. when this warrenty company pays for parts and repairs that equal the value of the sled then the warrenty is gone. 07 d7 with 3000 miles blew up three times in 300 miles.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
After the 2nd blow up the warranty company should have had a talk with the dealer about what the dealer was not doing to get it fixed.

sled_guy

there is also a cap on the polaris star warrenty. ive hit it and my warrenty is gone 9 months earlier than expected. when this warrenty company pays for parts and repairs that equal the value of the sled then the warrenty is gone. 07 d7 with 3000 miles blew up three times in 300 miles.

Premium Features