• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLARIS RMK 800. ARE THEY DURABLE???

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
For the past several years, my family stuck with the Polaris RMK 700 snowmobiles, but now that they dont make them anymore, and theyre making more 800s than they used to (800s had A LOT of problems back in the early 2000s) so now when some people are getting a new snowmobile, should they feel comfortable with an 800, or should they be prepaired for lots of engine troubles? They mostly use it for mountain use, but sometimes they will take it on the trail.

?????:face-icon-small-con?????

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Whoa, that is a lot of font and bold...

Anyway, my D8 was very solid for me. The problem is that the 4M really overexposes issues IMO. I had both the D7 and D8 and I actually had to take the D7 in for one small item, but both sleds were very reliable. The IQ chassis is incredibly strong and will hold up to huge hits (minus a-arms that should give). The fuel mapping was really a big source of issues and that seems to be dialed in. I would still look to a PCV to map what you want. Don't be afraid of them. There are some good deals on them because of people bashing them and the fact that Polaris has a new sled out.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Went with an 2010 D8, love the IQ chassi...some minor mapping issues but Polaris provided me with an new ecu and it made a BIG difference.

Only put about 1000 miles on it so far and cant wait for next season!!:)

Premium Features