• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris finds a way to kick ya when your down

B

BYOB

Feb 18, 2003
Canada, Eh
So after dropping off my 08 D8 with another engine failure on December 17th, I am still waiting for back-ordered cylinders to ship to my dealer so I can hopefully get my time bomb back before it is summer again. Its not like Polaris doesn't know they have to keep a few on hand since they tend to fail continually. Meanwhile we have once every 3 years type epic snow dumping like crazy in BC and I am sitting at home riding my computer chair. Ugggggh.:mad2:

B

BYOB

Feb 18, 2003
Canada, Eh
It defeats the point of owning a $13500 sled if you have to rent one for $300+/- per day. This is the second burndown that took over a month to get back because of parts not available.

Maybe they are trying to keep the number of fresh meltdowns lower by not fixing the ones already down. Maybe another week...

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
If you were in to conspiracies you might think that Polaris is using the back ordered parts plan to buy them time until the warranties all run out.

Not that I would suggest such a thing. :)

sled_guy

B

BYOB

Feb 18, 2003
Canada, Eh
Its funny you say that because my warranty expired on Dec. 31. So this fix is covered but will be the last one. At least I'm not waiting and paying if there is any upside to this situation...:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features