• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Clutch Issue

M
Apr 10, 2013
Illinois
Ok so this is the issue.

I have a 2011 SBA Assault, all stock.

Went to pull out of garage today to load on trailer and the clutch would not engage.... put sled back in garage, pulled off clutch cover to check out shaft and it was all clean. Put clutch back together drove sled in front yard seemed fine.. Pulled up to trailer and clutch is stuck engaged and sled dies. Try to start and clutch still engaged and sled starts to walk away from me. I pulled off the side panel on sled to check things out everything looked fine. Then I hear a clunk like noise and clutch is no longer engaged I was able to start sled and drive on trailer.

Any thoughts on what the heck is going on

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
messed up roller, binding to a weight, have to pull the spider to service them if im not mistaken? might need a new weight if it chewed it up as well.

unless you have the tools to do it, its one of the few things i recomend having a dealer do as the spider tools arent cheap and takes a serious mount to hold it down and retorque the spider.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Or worn damaged bushings on the moveable sheath, and or clutch cover...

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
messed up roller, binding to a weight, have to pull the spider to service them if im not mistaken? might need a new weight if it chewed it up as well.

unless you have the tools to do it, its one of the few things i recomend having a dealer do as the spider tools arent cheap and takes a serious mount to hold it down and retorque the spider.

^^^^^^^^^^

Premium Features