• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris 800 edge twin pipes

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
thanks for the advice keep it coming. Well i am going to get a 43 bottom sprocket in a couple of days in process of changeing track. Trying the power claw track out also putting in a holz rolled chain case too.

The chaincase and the track won't solve your problems.

J
Mar 14, 2008
Ya i know this will not solve all my problems but i have found all these item cheep so i am just adding them. I think the track will help because i have a friend that put a finger track on his summit and he lost 200-300 rpm.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
You are probably a size or 2 rich on the mains, that will make a huge differenc eon the SLp twins....they need heat to work..
Also, are they the newest version of the VES 800 SLp twins?? SLP had a early version that didn't work good at all, make sure the part number is the same as the current model, if not...there is your problem.
Also, get rid of the balance bottle.
You should be able to pull 60-62's, my '02 ran 64's up to over 8,000ft and 66's below 6,000. This was with more helix and a 140/300 primary spring.
Also, that finger track will cost you some RPM, especially in the heavy spring snow.
I would jet down on the mains, needle in the middle.

Premium Features