• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

please need help 06 m7 problem?

piped99

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2008
sheridan wyoming
Went riding this weekend and had to fight my sled all day.

It started 2 pulls on the trailer ran great for 15 miles then when i shut it off, went to start it up one pull ran for 5 feet then died. had to mess with the fuel pump wires for 20 minutes started up again. Ran for about 5 miles then when i turned it off and started it back up did the same thing. this happened almost every time i turned it off.

thinking its the fuel pump but when i got home and put it in the garage started ride up.

need help what could it be ??

thanks

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
tough to tell, if it's working fine ride it till it dies. If it starts acting up again start by checking for spark, fuel, air. what did your plugs look like? did they have any spark when it wouldn't start? Those are going to narrow it down quite a bit.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It sounds like 2 things could be going wrong.

Ice in the smart valves or injectors. Put some Heat in the fuel and run it through. The other option is the fuel pump is going bad. The easiest way to test the pump is to install an inline gauge and make sure you are around 45lbs. If not the pump is going bad. When it is really cold and the fuel level is low it will react like you described.

piped99

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2008
sheridan wyoming
yes i did. got it in the garage and tested the two fuel pump wire connectors they were both shot. so i snipped the wires and my dad and i rigged up a connection of our own. runs great.:D

other than i wrecked last sunday :mad:

Y
Nov 30, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Throttle Position Sensor - check to see that your throttle cable has not corroded over time - squirt some silicone lub spray and try to work it down the cable. I had similiar problems and ended up having to replace my throttle cable (glad the resort had one).

Premium Features