• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patrick Custom Carbon

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
We have left full Polaris carbon fiber body kits (hood, side panels, fenders, dash, front bucket, windshield) at 3 different dealers for people to look at, and most of all feel them. The first words people use when lifting carbon fiber is, "WOW its so light!!" For those of you who would like to see, or purchase the parts in person you can go to: Carl's Cycle, Boise, ID, Tri-City Performance, Salt Lake City, UT, and Renagade Sports, Logan, UT.

We plan on making a few more light weight items this summer, stay tuned.

Any questions let us know,

TJ

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sure wish I could fill my shopping cart on your website...and actully hit the "check out" button.
HAHA

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've been grappling with the idea of the carbon primary clutch cover.

With the clutch being lighter and spooling up quicker...will a guy have to run heavier weights to keep it from over-revving? What happens if you continue to use the same weights previous to the cover?

Scott

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
Scott,

You are correct, the carbon fiber clutch cover needs no weight change or spring change, just bolt it on which only takes 2 min. You will get faster throttle response as the RPMs spin up faster, you can feel the difference on the jack stand...The other benefit we have seen is the clutch seems to have a longer running life, rollers last longer, weight bushings and cover bushings all last longer...

The weight savings from stock cover to Patrick Custom carbon cover is around 300 grams...

TJ

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
It is always good to have your clutch rebalanced after installing or changing any parts...the clutches I have balanced after installing the carbon fiber cover are no worse and actually better than stock balancing....it seems like industry standard for Polaris for balancing runs around 2-2.5 grams out of balance...that equates to 40-50 LBS out of balance at 8000 RPM...We get all our balanced clutches down to under 5 LBS out at 8000 RPM...We balance the clutches just how you run them or with out your weights and spring either way works...Balancing is free with cover purchase...

Polaris clutches seem to be the best as far as balancing...Ski-Doo TRA is another story, so far out it is unbelievable...

TJ

Premium Features