• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

opinions on silber turbos??

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So, Justin is starting to market his turbo setup to M series owners, with a very reasonable price. I'm wondering how many folks on here are running his setups & what kind of experience you have had with his customer service.

I searched & found only two threads that mentioned his name in passing, little info.

For $3500 compared to around $5-6k for others, it's a compelling choice.

Since he's been making them for Polaris for a while I figured I'd check to see what you guys thought.

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
I have his setup, and it works day in and day out. He could have alittle better install instructions, but install is fairly easy, as he had all the lines cut and color coated. The best thing about Silber, is when you call there its him you talk to and not a different person everytime you call. I know he is alot smaller business than alot of the builders out there, but his prices is great and you cannot beat that these days.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Is there a Silber Turbo website?

Why yes, yes there is http://www.silberturbos.com/

I checked his Assault out at the Hay Days event, very nice fabrication. The nice thing about his kit is that it incorporates pretty much everyone's needs (as far as the Polaris kits go, unsure on the Cat kits). It will run low boost, high boost, pump fuel, race fuel, e85 fuel, water methanol additive, etc.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for all the feedback guys, Iam doing my best to keep the kits affordable and good performing. I know on these internet forums you hear alot of the worst, but i try to keep everyone happy and help with any problems people have with there sleds.
Justin

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
hey silber
i've been meaning to ask you have much experiance with 700 dragons ?
was wondering how the different engines 800/700/600 compare to each other like bottom end power , boondocking, lag time?
and what is the quietest way to run one -muffler, tunnel dump or is there a muffler/tunnel dump?
thanks garth

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
quite and turbo dont belong in the same sentence... using a muffler and the tunnel dump is the quietest i've heard... but its still really loud and sounds great!:D

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
thanks
what i'm hearing is that the tunnel dump is similar to a slp setup thats not bad if you ask me.(i just don't want a crazy loud sled they are trying to close are areas already :mad: i don't need to help them out)

How is the water/meth injection setup gonna work i was thinking about it
i thought water inj. was realy hard on metal ex. parts and would'nt that be hard on the turbo?
i was going to pm Justin about this but thought others might have a few Qs also just throwing it out there.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
quite and turbo dont belong in the same sentence... using a muffler and the tunnel dump is the quietest i've heard... but its still really loud and sounds great!:D

It will be a good day when those words are in the same sentence :cool: Mounting the turbo on top might allow a nice sized muffler in the stock location, like the M series kit. I would rather not attract attention with a wicked loud exhaust but that's just my opinion.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Maybe things are different in polaris land, but on our M8-T with a cuter setup, it's no louder than an average can on a sled. Sounds strong but not noisy or obnoxious by ANY stretch. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

If The silber kits are obnoxious, I'll spend the extra $1500 on a cutler setup. I hope this is not the case.

Guys riding obnoxious sleds are helping the greenies greatly, well done.:rolleyes:

Noise aside, thanks for the feedback, I'm excited to see how they stack up.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Well, you remember mine right, it's not excessively loud and that's without a muffler. But yeah your cutler setup is nice on that side of things. Really though unless I'm on hard pack it isn't any louder than any Dragon with an HPS can on it. I'm going to try and fab up a decent muffler for it though. I like it as quiet as I can get it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Yeah, yours was a little on the lound side, but not nearly as bad as an M1000 with a POS jaws can! If that's without a muffler then I'm sure it'll be fine with at least some type of muffler.

Yours passed the forest service test station right? That's mainly what I'm looking for.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
not quite, it came in at 89 DB and the new law is 88 so I gotta do some tinkering to get it there, going to fab up a muffler on my own and see what I can do. Also new law does not go into effect until July 1 2010.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Why don't you do everybody a favor and make it quieter now.:rolleyes:

Well said.

I had a friend I USED to ride with, then he put an obnoxious can on his sled... Yeah, haven't seen him in quite a while, my ears are happier for it.

Dave, I think yours sounded similar to Abby's, I don't remember it being obnoxious at all. Does it have the tunnel dump?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I did see one Polaris kit running a full Jaws muffler on their kit. It will be interesting to hear it in person once the snow flies.
I too would like to know how the 700's do by way of comparison to the 8's

Premium Features