• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil/Skis

D
Apr 14, 2008
Utah
Is there a more clean burning oil than A.C. APV? I've been told Redline Racing is better on the valves.
Also does anyone have a preference on a particular powder ski? S.L.P., Slydog or something else?
Thanks

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I have been running red line in my sleds for about 6 years with nothing but great results. Clean valves, no engine troubles.
I am running powder pros on my cat 900, love them.

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
i have ran redline, redline racing, blue marble, and Arctic Cat apv oil...........All with the same results......they all stink...literally..
I liked redline but there prices got way way to high and it smelled the worst. I ran blue marble and absolutely loved it...least amount of smell I think...but same thing, their prices just got way way out of control. SO here I am back to arctic cat oil their prices are fair and the smell is probably between the other two...not bad but not good.

On another note....my buddy hates spending money on oil...hates it, so he gets some brand x stuff for less than half the price of arctic's oil. Not much for smell........and everything looks the same in his motor as it does in mine. THe power valves look no different as well as all internal parts........ I will still pay twice what he does for the arctic oil.....but I don't know why.:rolleyes:

Premium Features