• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

notching a track

lookma/nohands

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2008
Sidney, Mt
Was wondering if anyone out there has attempted to notch a track? Need to replace track on a 02 mc800 and do not want to buy a new notched track for it

S
I fit a non notched track on an 03 mc900.I just drilled 2 new holes below the factory front suspension holes. If you look from the inside of the tunnel you can see where to drill. Its allready drilled half way. You could also look into getting 04 cooler lines instead.
Good luck.

lookma/nohands

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2008
Sidney, Mt
Thanks for the replies. For those of you that have cut notches, how have the tracks held up? I have yet to decide if I am going to extend the track, if I do new cooler lines will be the way to go.

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
I ran a track that I notched on a pro-x for several thousand miles no prob. Just try not to cut past where you have to in the corners to help keep it stronger.

H
Jan 29, 2009
wy
i Had to notch a whole 136 track to fit my wifes zr 580. went really well. I think by taking all of those lttle fins off it really stiffend up the track.

Premium Features