• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern Rockies Protection Act at it again and this time it WILL PASS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
i typed out my own letter completley of my own design but them my represenative's web page kicked me out ..

so I cut and pasted the chain letter.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
For all the Idaho peeps on here I just want to make sure that it got sent to the right person and I sent an e-mail to Robert L. Geddes. Let me know if it is wrong so I can get it sent to the right person.

This is just insane what people back east think that they can do that does not even effect them, just like the wolves they don't have to deal with it we do:mad:

R
Nov 26, 2007
This is insain!! This bill would wipe out every place I have ever riden in the west! Like others I was unable to send the letter as ND is not a target state. I will be sending a letter to my congressman anyway.

Is it possible for admin to send a mass PM or email to all snowest members making them aware of this issue?

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Is it possible for admin to send a mass PM or email to all snowest members making them aware of this issue?

Not to beat a dead horse....BUT....Snowest members should ALL be members of SAWS, AARA and BRC.

http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/join.asp
http://www.arra-access.com/campaign/advocacy_oppose_hr980/forward/866ee35rlj6dk3b5?
https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/join_or_contribute/

This is big one - to be sure. And - on that note - I just finished sending a reminder to all OR SAWS members.

If the Omnibus bill is any indication of the votes we can expect on this one - then it's all over except for the crying. :mad::mad: Let it not be so! You don't even have to get off the couch! JUST WRITE THE DAMN LETTER!!

EDIT: Oh - here's a link to find your Representative. http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Last edited:
F
Feb 25, 2003
New Meadows Idaho
As a land use advocate that has been fighting closures on the Payette forest for the last decade I can tell you this is a serious threat. Put the remote down and get a letter fired off. If one third of the people that use this forum wrote a letter congress would have to pay attention but when one tenth of us fight the battle all the time with out the support of the ENTIRE snowmobiling community it is a lose lose situation. Also where are Cat,Polaris,SkiDoo andYamaha we need money to fight this and political might. We need to stop this NOW!!!!!

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
sent, having a business that would be devistated by this act I am in shock even more so. This would devistate local small mountain town economies in a heartbeat. Towns who strive off of snowmobiles, as in rentals, gas, food, lodging, would be in serious trouble. Anytown who uses the backcountry in general with motorized use would be wondering where to go. Hard to believe.

get something sent in people

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
sent to my wonderul MN Rep who said the Omnibus Bill was of economical good.:mad:

and Jim Oberstar since he was the only other rep whose zipcode I knew.

Last edited:
H
Dec 21, 2007
How can I help? I am not a part of the TARGETED AREA!!! How is it this woman can create something like this when SHE is not apart of the TARGETED area!!!! This one effects me in a big way and alot of people I know. Why can't the West just manage itself? I am apart of most of the groups, what else can I do?

Brian

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
How can I help? I am not a part of the TARGETED AREA!!! How is it this woman can create something like this when SHE is not apart of the TARGETED area!!!! This one effects me in a big way and alot of people I know. Why can't the West just manage itself? I am apart of most of the groups, what else can I do?

Brian

Yes I am wondering this as well. I am located in Wisconsin but want to do what I can. Are these emails or letters being sent to our congressman? Also I am a bit confused about what woman we are talking about here, is she the one who wrote this bill? Also what should be sent to here from me if anything?

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
letters are bein sent, anybody that recreates in the west need to send letters to their congressman, if they don't they won't have any place to recreate in the west when they want to! send letters to all constiuents, the NY senator backin this doesn't care because it doesn't affect her state and she got a large kick back from the environazi's to put it in the que, and know with the dem's in charge if people from all over don't stop it we are screwed!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
ND
letter sent, just sent a letter myself to my representative from ND because we are not the target area. all of those congressman vote on it, so everyone from every state needs to chime in. you can go to your congressman's web page and e-mail any of them, so just copy paste the letter into and e-mail and send it to your congressman if your not in the target area.

W
Nov 27, 2007
Wow, this felt good to get off my chest!!!

Regarding your Land Use Issues. Maybe you should put some time into your own state and stop worrying about all the other ones. Nothing you have proposed has anything to do with the state of New York. You are entirely too worried about Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Washington. You are paid to look after New York's interests. Do that. Figure out how you're going to get jobs in your state. I'm sure you don't really give two sh!ts about giving people jobs tho, being a Democrat and all. I'm sure Welfare and Socialized medical are tops on your list. Why make jobs for people to earn a living themselves when you can take money from hard working people and give it to the lazy a$$es. I'm off on a tangent now. You need to concentrate your efforts on your own state. That is why they voted for you. You have enough issues to worry about in New York. Worry about those. Do something other than close down land that I pay for and use as an American citizen. Land that I would bet you have never seen in person, nor care to see. Anyways, I hope you read this and think about what you're doing. I'm sick of having politicians thousands of miles away determine how I use my public land that I pay taxes to support.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
letter sent, just sent a letter myself to my representative from nd because we are not the target area. All of those congressman vote on it, so everyone from every state needs to chime in. You can go to your congressman's web page and e-mail any of them, so just copy paste the letter into and e-mail and send it to your congressman if your not in the target area.

Rep for that!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: you'll have to wait...I can't give out any rep yet. LOL

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
guys/gals...

As someoen who plays with these politicians a LOT...I woudl HIGHLY recommend phone calls to your sentors and Congressmen....in the last few years, they have really turned a blind eye to email campaigns...

Couple suggestions for what to say etc.

1- This will have a dramatic affect on tourism, and will impact jobs in your state (if calling states with senate delegation that is imacted)

2- We need your help to shut this and other such bills down, as they are counter productive to leveraging a higher and greater good of our federal lands.

3- Much of the land that would be designated as wilderness does not meet the criteria in the 1964 Wilderness Act.

4- This legislation has no regard for local processes and decisions on how the land is appropriately managed.

5- As outdoorsmen, we love spending time in our forests, and our sport is needing yoru help.

Be kind, be professional , And most importantly, MAKE THE CALL!!! they track calls, they dont track emails...

Here is a list of the politicians states that will be affected...H.R. 980 would designate 23 million acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming, as Wilderness.

Idaho-

Senators

Crapo, Mike - (R - ID) Class III
239 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-6142

Risch, James E. - (R - ID) Class II
483 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2752

Montana

Senators
Baucus, Max - (D - MT) Class II
511 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2651

Tester, Jon - (D - MT) Class I
724 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2644

Oregon-

Merkley, Jeff - (D - OR) Class II
107 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-3753

Wyden, Ron - (D - OR) Class III
223 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5244

Washington-

Cantwell, Maria - (D - WA) Class I
511 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-3441

Murray, Patty - (D - WA) Class III
173 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2621

Wyoming-

Barrasso, John - (R - WY) Class I
307 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-6441

Enzi, Michael B. - (R - WY) Class II
379A RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-3424

If you have time, it makes a big impact to send a letter as well...this is the big one guys!!! we need to pull out all the stops here!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
sorry guys, fixed the maps...they were screwing everything up...resized them...

Premium Features