• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No spark on one cylender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
I have a 03 mc 900, It has no spark on mag side piston. Is the coil/plug wire bad? Thanks for the help!

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
is there any way to tell if it is the stator or the coil? I took it apart tonight and one plug wire that comes out of the coil seems loose, or like it has be bent alot right as it comes out of the coil. I am guessing it is a coil. but was curious if it could be a stator? it ran fine 2 weeks ago and started it up to put it on the trailer and it was only running on one piston. thanks for the help in advance.

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
sled has 1800 mils on it. and the hand warmers stopped working last time I had it out but as far as I know that is a common problem on the mc?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Try cutting your wire off and screwing it back in. a lot of times the wire breaks. It would not be the stator. the coil has a jump wire inside it that sometimes goes bad but usually just the wire or plug end.

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
Thanks for the help, I ordered a coil tonight, clipped the ends and the wire ohms out with a meter but switched plug caps and still no spark one one wire. Hope the ups man gets here before the snow melts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features