• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to Cat, I don't have a center bolt on my Primary..Help!!

M
Apr 3, 2009
Hello,

I was looking over my 01 Mountain Cat 800 and there is no bolt that runs through my primary. Are they pressed on or what? Looking at the Arctic Cat diagram there is no bolt. Any takes on this?

Thanks in advance,
The Rev. Ac

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Um yes their is suppose to be a bolt !!!!!!!!!!!! Torqued to 85-90 ftlbs... 01 800's had some clutch issues if I remember correct, primarys coming off and inner sheaves grenading!!!!!!!!!! Better see if it sheared off in the end of the crank, may have to pull the clutch to see or maybe look thru the hole in the belly pan for the clutch puller and see if you can see anypart of the bolt!!!! Dont ride it till you fix it, clutch coming off at high r's not good!!!!!!!!:eek::eek: Bolt part number 0623-913 go here under engine and related parts!! http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/

Last edited:
C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
The cat clutch is not like some polaris ones where you can see the end of the bolt outside the clutch.The cats have the clutch bolt deep inside the clutch.Just a thought if you had not looked straight inside the clutch.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
If some previous owner had torqued it to 85 to 90#, the bolt is probably broken off. There should be a center bolt with a 12 point 1/2" head. If it is broken off you will need to either pull the engine or the bellypan and put a guide in and drill the center bolt for an easy out. New bolt should be torqued to 55 lbs. ran some and retorqued. The fly weight bushings wear out very fast on these clutches and when they do, the weights get shifted over causing a lot of imbalance and vibes and if left go like this it will pop the head off the center bolt and blow the clutch.

Last edited:
J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
If some previous had torqued it to 85 to 90#, the bolt is probably broken off. There should be a center bolt with a 12 point 1/2" head. If it is broken off you will need to either pull the engine or the bellypan and put a guide in and drill the center bolt for an easy out. New bolt should be torqued to 55 lbs. ran some and retorqued. The fly weight bushings wear out very fast on these clutches and when they do, the weights get shifted over causing a lot of imbalance and vibes and if left go like this it will pop the head off the center bolt and blow the clutch.

DO NOT TORQUE THE BOLT TO 90 FT LBS! That could possibly be the reason it is broken LOL!

L
Dec 7, 2007
Um yes their is suppose to be a bolt !!!!!!!!!!!! Torqued to 85-90 ftlbs... 01 800's had some clutch issues if I remember correct, primarys coming off and inner sheaves grenading!!!!!!!!!! Better see if it sheared off in the end of the crank, may have to pull the clutch to see or maybe look thru the hole in the belly pan for the clutch puller and see if you can see anypart of the bolt!!!! Dont ride it till you fix it, clutch coming off at high r's not good!!!!!!!!:eek::eek: Bolt part number 0623-913 go here under engine and related parts!! http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/

Only on Snowest.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Yup my mistake, had been torquing the lugs back on my truck and had 90ft lbs in my head,,,,, 55-60 IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE !!!!!!! SORRY BOUT THAT!

Premium Features