• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Sled

L
Well, it is that time. I am going to be jumping ship from Doo. I am leaning towards an M8 or CF8. I want the 141 length, but want the track and front ski stance. I am bummed they don't offer the M 141 anymore. I spend 90% of the time off trail, using trails only to get where I want to go. I am worried in the trees, I will feel the length of the 153. Most of our off trail riding is through the trees, only place you can find any snow to speak of and I am not talking old logging roads.

Do you guys think I will have a tough time with the M or should I buckle and get the CF and upgrade the track and see if I like the wide front?

thanks.

Oh, I have also been looking at the RMK, but I am afraid of the 800 and I think I will be disappointed in the 600.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I would buy the x-fire and put the m-8 gears and track it in. I rode an 09 with this done. Wow!! Very impressed. IT ran very strong. I would be very suprised if you were disappointed.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
if you are worried about being the trees with a longer track how come you aren't worried about being in the trees with a wide front end? i came off a 07 rev 151 to a 09 m1000 162 and don't regret it at all. the m series is so nimble that the 153 will not be bad at all! i wouldn't hesitate to get the 153 m series and just widen out the stance with the factory spacers to a 41" stance if want it wider in the front.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
To start off I have the sway bar off my 09 crossfire 141 and put a power claw 2.25" on it and it rocks. You will not have a problem with the m8 153 in the trees though, especially with the narrower front end. If you have the money for an 09 or 10 dont get the 08. The 08 doesnt have the tunnel update, new rear skid design, power claw track, and im sure im missing some things, but the 09 is way better. The 2010 should be better than the 09 since it will have about 15 more hp, better skis, more torque, better seat, 1-2 lbs less and the weight will come off easier. The 2010 has the suitcase of a can off of the M1000 to meet noise and emissions requirements so you can lose an easy 15 lbs there. IMO i would go with the 2010 M8 153 Sno Pro. It sounds like the sled for you. If you dont want to go with the new motor, the 09 M8 153 is defeinetly the way to go, then you just slap on an slp pipe kit and you have 160 hp and 8 less pounds.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
I've got a 2009 M8, and Love it!! I've also got, wife rides, a 2008 XF800 that is a great sled! Its got rail extensions to a 144" and with a 2" Challenger. Sled boon docks and climbs great. I also have the sway bar off this sled and it is a blast to ride!

This XF800 is for sale! We are updating for a new sled for her for next season!

Premium Features