• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some new bars on my switch

S
May 23, 2009
I have an 06 Switchback 600, After riding this season, I want to get some different handlebars for it. I dont like how much of an angle the stock ones have, and they are also too narrow, I would like to use my stock mountain bar if possible, but am not sure how it would have to be mounted...

I like the guys setup on this post in HCS, about 3/4 of the way down, names "wiguy05" but cant get a hold of him, all he says in the post is he used RMK bars, RMK mountain strap, and Polaris bar pad but what year? I like the bend in the bars as well as the width, cant really see how he mounted his strap though, I also want that style bar pad that says polaris in white. Anyone have any ideas? Kind of thinking of bars off an 08 dragon if I cant get any info on these, but will I have to use u-bolts to mount the mountain strap then? Pics of others setups would be great,

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=262697&hl=handlebars

Thanks any insight appreaciated.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
His bars are 2005 - 2008 IQ-RMK & 2009 non Dragon/Assault RMK's. He put RSI grips over the stock polaris bar hook ends.

They are the same as the bars on your sled right now. (The camera angle is funny on "wiguy05".
Your bars are part number 1821463-067 that part number has been superseeded by part number 1823271-067...which are the 2008 and 2009 RMK bars. They are the same part and I believe they only changed he "sheen" of the black paint on them.

The bar pad is the IQR or ProX bar pad... about $40 from Polaris parts.
The grab strap is the same as yours and simply bolts to the handlebars

There are two aftermarket bars that I like..

The Skinz Protective Gear handlebars in whatever rise you need (2,4,6,8,10"), they feature built in mountain strap mounts for the stock Polaris strap and are available in different colors. www.skinzprotectivegear.com

And The RSI straight bars and their risers (they have a slight pull back to them)

For the RSI bars... they are coming out with an add on mount for stock Polaris grab straps. They have steel bars and aluminum fat-bars in natural and carbon fiber wrap to work better with the grip heaters.
www.rsiracing.com

The RSI under grip hooks, grips and heaters are the best combo.

Good luck.
==============

Handlebars from the HCS post

parts004-9.jpg

parts003-9.jpg

Last edited:
S
May 23, 2009
bars

Excellent, that clears up a lot of confusion. Thanks

I just found out that Rox makes height adjustable risers for sleds?? That would be awesome to get one of those, cause I really like that feature on the AC crossfires, Now, it seems as the smallest amount of rise you can get is 4" to 6" i think, and I dont want to raise my bars much more they already are (stock on my 06 switch) to keep that would I have to get some different bars that do not have a rise to them? to try to get as close as possible to stock height

I do a lot of trail riding and my stock bars are at a comfortable height for sit down riding now, but 1-2" wouldnt be terrible i guess, but I would have to get longer cable probably...

Any pics? Thanks

S
Dec 3, 2007
Kalispell, MT
Excellent, that clears up a lot of confusion. Thanks

I just found out that Rox makes height adjustable risers for sleds?? That would be awesome to get one of those, cause I really like that feature on the AC crossfires, Now, it seems as the smallest amount of rise you can get is 4" to 6" i think, and I dont want to raise my bars much more they already are (stock on my 06 switch) to keep that would I have to get some different bars that do not have a rise to them? to try to get as close as possible to stock height

I do a lot of trail riding and my stock bars are at a comfortable height for sit down riding now, but 1-2" wouldnt be terrible i guess, but I would have to get longer cable probably...

Any pics? Thanks

I've got an '06 Switchback as well, and have installed the Rox adjustable riser (6-8 inch) with a Fly straight-bar (which I think is the same as the RSI bar now). I really like it, but to be honest, I rarely adjust the riser height...it usually just stays at its highest setting (I'm 6'3", so that's the most comfortable for me). I'll take a picture of it after work today, and post it for you.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i think im going with the 6.25-8 inch rox adjustable riser and rsi mountain bend bars and full hooks, they have warmers that go over the hooks as well as under your grips then get a 8 inch full grip. the polaris bars are narrow and grips are too narrow for my hands and my pinky sits on hook and freezes. this way i can mount my throttle and brake lever closer together and give me more hand room

S
May 23, 2009
rox

Excellent, thanks for the pics, now I can see exactly how it mounts and looks, looks like a nice setup. not I just gotta figure out how much higher it would be over my stock 06 bars with the adjustable 6-8" riser, and some flat bars with the riser on low, hopefully its close cause I do about 50/50 stand up and sit down riding, so gotta be comfortable both ways...

Premium Features