• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some help on something

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
I need to remove the bulbs from my headlight, I had my hood painted and painted the headlight along with it and the same time. The bulbs are so freaking hot they are making the paint bubble some so I want to remove them. Problem is this, I already don't run hand warmers, tail light etc...only thing I would have is tach and small tach light to eat up the juice. If I take the bulbs out and start it my tach bounces all over the place and I'm sure I burn up the voltage regulator. I think I have 2 options. 1) Wire up a set of hand warmers and take up the extra amperages, I assume that would be enough but I really don't want to do that. 2) I remember reading years ago on the old forum that guy's would use a Voltage Regulator from an older arctic cat sled because they could handle extra and not burn out. Anyone done this? I know a lot of u guy's don't run hoods so let me know what u think. The reason I don't want to wire up hand warmers is looks and need, I don't want wires showing and I never get cold hands. Thanks
HOOD.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
a pair of old handwarmers, glued to your steering hoop (you cant just leave them in free air)... route the wires carfully, tie them up, and you will have a very "clean" setup that you really wont notice.

Good luck.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Even the Cat voltage regulator will fry in your situation. You have to put some load on there to eat up the juice. I suppose you could find a big azz resistor and wire it in close to the voltage regulator. I've also seen guys stick a set of bar heaters on the steering column down under the hood to eat up voltage.

sled_guy

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
hand warmers it is then, good idea on the steering hoop, sight unseen. BTW..Dan I got the pump belt...Thanks

Premium Features