• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need price check on 2015 Terrain Dominator

Q
Jan 24, 2023
Utah
I am looking at buying a 2015 800 Polaris Terrain Dominator (155") and want to know if it is a fair price. They are asking $7000 for it. There are 1169 miles on it and has very little cosmetic issues. It is serviced every year and all stock except for Z-bros bumpers front and back. Is this a fair price? Do I get an AXYS chassis instead of the pro-ride or will the terrain domination suspension package make up for it?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
An AXYS would be a better choice if you can afford it. I'd think you could find one for $7000; probably not much less for a decent one. Prices have really shot up on used sleds, so it's hard to say for sure. A couple years ago, nobody would have paid more than $5000 for a Pro unless they were desperate or didn't know any better. I still wouldn't pay $7000 for one unless it had a new motor and all the right upgrades; I might go a little over $5000 on this one, but not without checking the crank runout and a leakdown test.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
$7000 is way over priced for a stock pro no matter what the mileage or year is. I was thinking about selling my 14 pro with a completely rebuilt motor top and bottom end, silbert turbo, exit shocks, alternative impact 36 arms, 2.6 track, indy specialties clutching, and a few other aftermarket parts for an asking price around $5500.00. You can get into a decent 16+ axys for around $7000.00.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I am looking at buying a 2015 800 Polaris Terrain Dominator (155") and want to know if it is a fair price. They are asking $7000 for it. There are 1169 miles on it and has very little cosmetic issues. It is serviced every year and all stock except for Z-bros bumpers front and back. Is this a fair price? Do I get an AXYS chassis instead of the pro-ride or will the terrain domination suspension package make up for it?
As the others have said, too much. Is it in Bozeman by chance? If so, I think I know the one you're looking at.

I bought a super clean 2016 Axys over 2 years ago for $6500 with only about 600 miles on it, though that was right before used prices went nuts. It's still possible to find deals like that though, but you have to be fast because they don't last long at all.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Well there you go: take a little trip to MN and buy Steve's sled! Right now, the cheapest Pro I see listed on CL is $5000, but that can be deceiving; the overpriced clunkers hang around while the ones priced right usually aren't around for more than a couple days. The ones at the right price do get snapped up quick though: a friend got a new sled a month ago, and sold his old one the same day he listed it.

Premium Features