• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with M1000 and warranty Issue?

J

Josh771

Dec 9, 2007
Menomonie, WI
Hey guys I just bought an 08 M1000 off a guy and it currently has 180 miles on it. Yes around 180. I am in the west currently and it just blew. It vibrated bad and then locked up. Seems to me like a crank issue? It vibed and then locked. I then called up my dealer to check on warranty and they told me it ended feb. 5 and sorry. What Im wondering is am I screwed or is there something more I can do...maybe take it further with cat? What are some of your experiences with this type of situation. Also the sled is bone stock.

thank you
Josh

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I would find a good dealer to go to bat for you.
At minimum they should call the warranty department and explain the situation.
From my experiences, a good dealer, and the situation you are in, cat USUALLY will work something out and help you.
Mine was out of warranty and the DD halves were seeping.
Dealer called cat, explained the situation and they paid for parts (gasket/shim kit) and an hour labor... Ended up costing me 26 bucks out of pocket.
Good luck!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Josh, there has been a number of crank issues on the 1000. I would think if your dealer went to bat for you, there would be a good chance of getting it covered. Kinda sucks driving that far with your new sled and then something like that happens. Good luck with it.

Premium Features