• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a bit a help with my dream... :)

R
Dec 3, 2007
Rankin Inlet
Ill start with I have a stalk 2012 Polaris Switchback.

In a close course CC race, Track will be about 2 - 2.5 mile track and lots of turns with about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile strait away at the most to help those with only top end. I am going to race in ON sea ice (GETTING ALL THE HP I CAN OUT OF IT) and the only rules are no turbo and no NOS, Sno X studding rule.

I know smooth is fast, I got smooth but now I need FASTER.

Okay bring it on what would you do to put you're sled on top???

Clutching?
Gearing?
Engine mods?
ANYTHING...?

I can't wait to see what you would do.:help:

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Have you had any input from forums that are centered more around Mid-West riders and people back east? Can't say you won't get info here, but I highly doubt anyone has info on setting a sled up for ice racing/CC/ovals.

My first thought would be to address the clutching/gearing to pull as much as you can out of the stock motor. 2+ mile track is a pretty good distance if the corners aren't going to be that tight. Gear it up a little so you can still have some bottom end, but get the most out of top end. Make sure your suspension is capable of what you'll be giving it and that you have adequate traction. If you find that all the stuff you already have isn't cutting it, then I would start to dive into engine mods and other stuff. Good luck.

Premium Features