• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NE one with 05 900 w/Boondocker Box

A
Ok so when I bought my 9 this year with 130 miles on it, it wouldn't run very good down low around 3,000 ft but it ran like a champ up higher. Then I took a trip to McCall and it ran like crap the whole time. I messed with the fuel settings but just couldn't get it right. Anybody else experience this with a BD Box? Do I need a Air Density sensor?

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
try checking where you have your ground wire. the first boxes they came out with had ground spade on it and then later came out with eye on it. you need to put it on one on the starter housing bolts

A
Ya I did move my ground wire to the stator cover/recoil housing but the wire came out of the eyelet crimp down in McCall so I ended up moving back to the stock ground. I will move it back and try that. I do need to build a TPS tool and test that. Is that hard without an extra TPS harness? I have read on here that you can use alligator clips. Thanks for your help

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Air..

like i said to you before..i know half your issue was the ground wire..and if you had it moved and put it back the bog will come back..you should have left it on the stator housing and fixed it on the spot..

is it bogging again or how is running like crap..the TPS makes a world of diff if its off alot..

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This is just one of the reasons why I feel ALL 900's should have a ground strap from the chassis ground to the motor!! Very cheap insurance. Any kind of a comprimise in the chassis ground circuit and the ECM becomes the ground. How many ECM's have we read about??

A
Guido...I moved the ground like you said just before I went to McCall and it didn't seem to help. When the wire came of the eyelet on the trail I just put it back where it was. I will do a better job this time around. Anyway the throttle response is horrible so I'm really hopin that it is the TPS. I'm in the process of buildin a tool I will check it tonight and ride it tomorrow so I will let ya know if that does the trick. Anybody going to the races in Sandpoint this weekend?

Premium Features