• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My M series 153" 2.6 80 duro review

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
I posted something similar over in the proclimb section early but finally got 2 days of good off trail riding on the 2.6 last weekend at Tog. All fluff, no base at all. I have a lot of miles on the 2.25 claw in various lengths from 153-162. Currently on an 09 Boonie pump gas with 153 and an EZ Ryde. Only difficulty I see with my review is that I did the ez ryde and the 2.6 at the same time, so it's not totally apples to apples review however, here it goes.

The new 2.6 is superior in EVERY way. It makes a HUGE mess of everything man. Just keeps churning and driving and pulling. It is 2x the track the 2.25 is. Stiffer, and just flat out works! In over the hood fresh last week in Tog, it would just flat out pull me back up on the snow. Doesn't spin out like the old claw. Didn't have time to check track speed, and frankly I don't care on the turbo, but it was a noticeable difference. I was really torn between this and the 3". Eventually went to the 2.6 for cost reasons (3" was 500$ more) and lots of discussions about clearance distance from the front cooler and moving lots of snow. Also heard lots of folks talking about the 3" adding to the wash out on steep side-hills.

This track has forced me to rethink my approach to being on edge as well. It track bites so hard it pushes the sled up the hill MUCH more then the 2.25 did. I have had to re-think foot placement on the boards as well as how I approach a "casual" side-hill. It really is the real deal compared to the 2.25. I have not ridden a 3" and can only imagine how much more digging that thing would do. Flat ground last week where Pro's where trenching out, the 2.6 would just keep digging and pull me out.

Had to tow a pro back (had to throw that little jab in) and dude I was towing made me stop cause the 2.6 was throwing so much debris at him. Even the guys I ride with noticed the difference with the new track. Places I was trenching out or washing out on the 2.25 I am now just pushing through. Made a HUGE difference in creek bottoms as well.

For the price (got mine for $715) it is the best mod I've done to the sled. I know the ez ryde has made a difference as well, but it's not shoveling the snow out the back! I had the 2.25 and burandt revalve for the past couple of years and it just didn't made the difference I was hoping it would. This thing flat works. Now here is hoping it holds up better then the 2.25 did and retains it's shape and stiffness.

Was still a bit interesting coming back down hill, but as before if you pump the brakes and allow the track to clear itself it worked fine. I had the opportunity to work deep in the trees in slow on off throttle situations, deep creek drainage's and a little bit of climbing. The track has proven itself to work better in every single situation I put it in. Set's well in tree wells and doesn't wash nearly as bad as my 2.25 did in similar situations. Had a really nasty little downhill drainage that I had to navigate on edge while I had to set the track in small bursts around a downed tree and it held it's line perfect for me.

Ran it against several other sleds that I have ridden with for years and everyone in my party could attest to how much more aggressive and impressive my sled was with this new track. It is just bolt on and go on the M series boys. I'd get your 2.25 up for sale now! Love to here others thoughts/opinions on this track as they get time on them. Went 80 duro for our light fluffy snow here in CO and WY. It just does everything the 2.25 did.. just better.

Last edited:

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I thanked you for the post, but I should give you some red rep or something because now I've got to come up with the $$ to buy my own!!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your track for that price? I'd be looking for a 141 but I was quoted more for it than what you paid.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the 162 is $710

decent price, the 2.25 when they came out were going for $550 thru kens sports,

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
http://www.countrycat.net/pages/CustomCatalog/Product/11847

They've got them for 689.. PM Freeagent, she might match that price. Best I've ever seen that's for sure. That is the for the 153".

I'm not sure they are making the 141 in 2.6. Amazing tracks man.. plenty of clearance between cooler and track and just flat out works.

They do make them in a 141, and maybe they're more because they probably aren't as popular and haven't made as many. I asked Michelle when I first heard about them and she quoted me around $800.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I put a 2.6 on my 2010 but haven't ridden it yet. I was having buyers remorse for not getting an extreme but now can't wait to try it.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Another report

Rode over xmas in some of the deepest snow I have ever been in in 20 years of riding. When stopped it was 3/4 way up hood. Crazy.

Track performed flawlessly (can't say the same for my 2nd secondary!). Really does a great job of getting a bite and pulling the sled back up on the snow with minimal wasted spinning. Very different then the 2.25, with the turbo it would constantly be spinning, digging and washing. Another amazing feature of this track is it's ability to crawl very slowly in on/off throttle situations. The traction of the track pulls the nose of the sled back up out of the snow quickly and keeps a side-hill very well. The increased traction is the difference here boys. Where the 2.25 would fold (or it felt as if it was folding) and spin, the 2.6 is keeping strong and really allowing the sled to keep itself on edge and keep me confident in what I'm doing. Allows me to stop or slow down, pick a solid line and make adjustments and keep the sled moving.

Climbs like a goat. Still haven't totally adjusted to the new balance point on the sled, but still find myself riding further forward on the running boards then ever before. Love to see some more reviews from others who have upgraded. and I'd still love to get some seat time on my sled with a 3" (wishful thinking for a 1200$ track). Clearance hasn't been an issue at all and just tightened the track before my last ride. Probably have close to 200 miles on it now and I still stand by the fact that it is the best mod I've done to the sled other then the whistle noise.

What have you guys seen out there?? Getting similar results?

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I put a 2.6 85 duro on my 11 m8 153 the first trip I thought it was great but the last day of the last trip i was was on i could slide the sled sled side ways on the trail coming back. Stopped to look at the track and the first 1/2" to 3/4" were bent back pretty good. I have 350 miles on it. So I'm wondering how it's going to hold up.

Also my sled seems to trench pretty bad but that could be suspension set up or the fact that i weigh 260 with gear on. I noticed when climbing that if i let of the gas a little the backend would pop up on the snow if i would get back into it hard the back woulddrop down and start trenching again. Do i need more air in the rear shock? I have the holz revalve in the rear two shocks (rides way better) and i think about 125 psi in the rear shock.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
They do make them in a 141, and maybe they're more because they probably aren't as popular and haven't made as many. I asked Michelle when I first heard about them and she quoted me around $800.

They don't make it in a 141. I just talked to Michelle, no such thing exists. This is what I had been told by others as well, and I also just checked the AC accessories page to be sure that even Michelle was correct.

http://store.arcticcat.com/products/451640/Power_Claw

2.25... but no 2.6. I was really hoping you were right, I REALLY wanted to be wrong on this!!!:bounce: A 2.6 on my sled would be downright retardid.:jaw:

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
They don't make it in a 141. I just talked to Michelle, no such thing exists. This is what I had been told by others as well, and I also just checked the AC accessories page to be sure that even Michelle was correct.

http://store.arcticcat.com/products/451640/Power_Claw

2.25... but no 2.6. I was really hoping you were right, I REALLY wanted to be wrong on this!!!:bounce: A 2.6 on my sled would be downright retardid.:jaw:

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent Michelle a pm months ago about this. I'm pretty sure I specified 141, but maybe she didn't catch the length and just gave me a 153 price.

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is there anything out there better than the 2.25 PC in a 141?

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yup, I installed a Camo Extreme 2.5" on my daughter's M5 that originally had a 141" on it. The 144" bolts right up and still leaves you about an inch of adjustment left on the track adjusters. You will love it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Yup, I installed a Camo Extreme 2.5" on my daughter's M5 that originally had a 141" on it. The 144" bolts right up and still leaves you about an inch of adjustment left on the track adjusters. You will love it.

They stopped making the 144 as well now... sucks.

Seems like the only big track left for a shorty is the ce 146.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah

Hmmmm. I've got an EZ-Ryde under mine so not sure if it would bolt right in or not. I'll have to see how much adjustment I have left. I still want the 2.6 PC though... crapcrapcrapcrap!!!!

longrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
peace river ab. can.
2.6 85 euro

Finally got my 2.6 85 duro onto my 2010 HCR. Tried it out in the river hills here at home. Pretty good snow. This track is a huge improvement. Like throwing a set of chains on. Awesome traction. Now I am going to have to tighten my limiter strap. Front end is always in air now. Friggin awesome. Does seem to be a little loose braking going down hill. On the hard packed trail it bites really good. Best mod I have done to this sled.

E

E Money

Aug 7, 2011
What duro

Wondering what duro I should get on my 2009 m8 153. Ride on the coq, some whistler the odd trip elsewhere. Also where is best place to get one, see country cat on ebay is 689$. Thx

E

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Edey..when you store your sled do you keep the track off the ground?

If I don't ride for a week I put a 2x4 under my track.

Last edited:
Premium Features