• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn/King Cat pics... who's got the best looking sled?

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
You can get an exhaust guard form an 06 kingcat at your dealer of like $17 and i believe that is what he had i also had one on my 03 with a modified slp twin front dump setup.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I have the same front dump on my sled. It's off a '06 King. Quite the job to make my pipes fit(from the ZR1 plastic) and make my stingers exit out the front but I think it's worth it....CR Racing did mine. Awesome job.

RMKCowboy - I love my 1M but the newer sleds are just that much better, On the trails, in the trees, on the hill. Easier on you at the end of the day, and leaves you wanting to ride day after day.
With that being said, I feel my Cat rides, climbs and handles just as good as my XP, however, a lot fo time and money have made it a lot more modern and altered a lot from stock. Taller seat, forward and taller handlebar set-ups, better suspension set-up's and newer tracks.
The only constant is power. Atleast when comparing the 900 to modern 800's. And when you get into that 170+hp range or in the sub-450lbs range........things get fun.

I do ride my XP more than my mod, but nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than pulling up to a group of new sleds and waxing them with my "Vintage Sled" Unfortunately I'll be putting my XP under much of the same mod process my Cat has seen(although not as extensive) all in a bid to make that smile on my face even bigger. We'll see.

attachment.php

Last edited:
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Same with me. It's hard to leave either one home.

I really like my Sno-Pro M-8, but the kick in the pants and pull of the handlebars of my 1000 mod King has me constantly debating which sled to ride.
The one thing I regret is the noise. The Jaws D's with front dump are loud.
One thing that seems to be, is my addiction to the 1-M site and no interest in the M site. That must mean something.

Owen

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
We met John on the on the trails last year. He has a fleet of these and they look great !! >>>>.
GrandLake2009063.jpg

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Paul, where did you get those flame graphics - I gotta get em for my sled.

Thanks! --Chris

Premium Features