• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Movin from Doo to cat

I

intern222

Jan 9, 2008
Currently on a 08 xp, thinking of comming to cat. Love my xp and have ridden a 09 HCR (thanks Kelly) and have wondered how these people can ride the M chassis. I an sure I will get used to it. Do yoy think the 2010 M8 will perform as well as my xp? Looking forward to it. Next Question... LE or Snow Pro
Thanks in advance.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
here's my take... if you clutch an XP i think overall its just as good as the new M8 will be and very close in weight to each other. I don't think many will argue that the ergo's on the XP are better than an M chassis as the sled is much newer design. Overall the M should be more reliable and I find them a bit easier to work on too, not to mentions the Ms have better suspension components though i still think they need to be revalved in most cases to dial in the ride. If you like your XP, why sell it - it won't be that much better? i do HATE that Doo hasn't come out with EFI yet in their 800 though. that's pretty lame.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
nah, my '76 puma 400 owns all 800s. Go for a puma, and youll love it. Chassis is so wide! And the seat is so big you could fit a 24 pack of beer in it!

http://sledaction.homestead.com/El_Tigre_9.jpg

Me and my sled
get over you stupid puma, nobody cares, and drinking while snowmobiling is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do, it puts negative rep not just on you, but every snowmobiler.

To answer your question about LE or Sno pro, it is all about which one you like the looks of better, they are the exact same sled except for color and decals.

I

intern222

Jan 9, 2008
here's my take... if you clutch an XP i think overall its just as good as the new M8 will be and very close in weight to each other. I don't think many will argue that the ergo's on the XP are better than an M chassis as the sled is much newer design. Overall the M should be more reliable and I find them a bit easier to work on too, not to mentions the Ms have better suspension components though i still think they need to be revalved in most cases to dial in the ride. If you like your XP, why sell it - it won't be that much better? i do HATE that Doo hasn't come out with EFI yet in their 800 though. that's pretty lame.

Although I love my xp, it has cost me alot of $. a trip to my s###ty dealer after every ride. 110 miles from my home,,,, 1 way.. All warranty issues. ie.. hand warmers, 5 months for drive shaft to come in,, 5 belts. Shook out y pipe bolts.. Busted one y pipe bolt in head and yes I checked them frequently Stuck throttle cable... twice. Plastic tank shavings in the carbs.

S
Dec 8, 2008
Eagle Point, Oregon
Le and snow pro are same but graphix and maybe a little different small thing here and there. Over all I would never buy a dooo for one reason. Not american. My dads xp is great but sucks oil and fuel like no tomorrow. yes it is light but eats belts for breakfast lunch and dinner. I love my cat. (09 M8 LE) I use less fuel and oil. Has almost the same power. His has a bit more but I can put mine safer in more places than he can. That and have you tried to do anything to a doooooo? you need an 8 year old to weave their hand into the tight places they cram all the doo engine into.

They are all good sleds. It just depends on your riding style and prefferance.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Currently on a 08 xp, thinking of comming to cat. Love my xp and have ridden a 09 HCR (thanks Kelly) and have wondered how these people can ride the M chassis. I an sure I will get used to it. Do yoy think the 2010 M8 will perform as well as my xp? Looking forward to it. Next Question... LE or Snow Pro
Thanks in advance.

2010 M8 perform as well as the XP, heck my 09 with the slp pipe performs every bit as good as the xp if not better.

L
Mar 19, 2009
get over you stupid puma, nobody cares, and drinking while snowmobiling is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do, it puts negative rep not just on you, but every snowmobiler.

To answer your question about LE or Sno pro, it is all about which one you like the looks of better, they are the exact same sled except for color and decals.

Don't be such a hypocrite, the odds you've never had a beer, or a swig from a flash while snowmobiling are slim to none. Everyone has done it. Want to bad rep me for drinking and snowmobiling? Guess I can do the same thing back, retard.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Over all I would never buy a dooo for one reason. Not american.

Have you maybe noticed the "S" on the motors in our sleds??

I'll give you a hint, it don't stand for Seattle, San Antonio, or even Sincinatti!!!:D:D:D
Where are the fox shocks made??? How much else is American? The engineers?
There is NO SUCH THING as American made anymore. Even if it's made in America, it's "Hencho en Mexico" really, or I should say, by Mexicans, some legal, some...

Some Toyotas are made in America using more American parts than most of the big 3 now, nothing is as it seems anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I kayak up in Canadia from time to time & I hate those Frenchies as much as anybody!!

S
Dec 8, 2008
Eagle Point, Oregon

I'll give you a hint, it don't stand for Seattle, San Antonio, or even Sincinatti!!!:D:D:D
There is NO SUCH THING as American made anymore. Even if it's made in America, it's "Hencho en Mexico" really, or I should say, by Mexicans, some legal, some...

Some Toyotas are made in America using more American parts than most of the big 3 now, nothing is as it seems anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I kayak up in Canadia from time to time & I hate those Frenchies as much as anybody!!

Yes this is true. However at least a better portion of my money stays in the States.

B
Jan 22, 2009

Dont be hatin canadians

L

likinit2

Jul 4, 2004
S.W. Michigan
I went from doo to Polaris in the late 70's. Been riding and loyal to Polaris for 30+ years. I bought a 08' M8 last December and love it! My riding partners have a 08 D7 and a 09 RMK7 and a 09 Assault to compare things to. Other than the ski-doo nordic style seat on the M which actually comes in handy going through the trees, the M is better in so many ways that it makes buying a new seat a cheap and easy fix.:D

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
Good sled, Good choice, The ergos on the xp are only better down the trail and when towed, just rode one, you won't be disappointed.

Best sled you will ever ride. I hated my m7 when I switched from the rev, but after a few rides you will find out that the sled does all the work. Not like the XP as far as being super nimble feeling. Instead the M is very smooth and under control. It wont chuck you off when you make a mistake. It's the only sled to have in the trees. Your buds will be ditching there XP's next year to get an M so they can keep up. Trust me.

Go ride with the best, Burandt or Rasmussen. They can teach you.

Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhqqaIxjCI&feature=channel_page

I

intern222

Jan 9, 2008
I had a bit of a hard time getting used to the xp, but it only took a good weekend to get used to it. Like the idea of getting to open the hood and look things over. Got my buddies 08 M8 in my garage and the more i sit on it the more I think I want one. Thanks all you cat guys for your input:beer;:D

Premium Features