• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

more snow on the running boards with the 09 tunnel or BDX bumper?

B
Dec 21, 2006
I do have snow eliminators but this year I did the BDX rear bumper mod. I seem to have a lot more snow this year on my running boards compared to last year especially in the back. I was thinking of installing a piece of plastic to enclose the opening in the running board support/footrest. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Although I have nothing to compare it to, my 09 M8 Sno Pro deposits way more snow on the rear portion of the running boards that I have ever seen before. The front portion of the running boards seems to clear out fairly well but, I plan to build something to stop the problem too.

In fact, Arctic Cat makes a fairly nice looking part called "Tunnel Flares" designed to "prevent snow from being thrown at the rider". They come in Black part number 5639-107. Green part number 5369-108 and Orange part number 5639-109.

That's funny, everytime I have ridden my M8 I think something is dangling off the back of my coat. In hindsight, it's the snow being thrown forward from the track that is hitting me in the back.

M
Dec 6, 2008
Doesnt the flare bring the tunnel back to how it was in 08, just with a piece of plastic? This seems to defeat the purpose of removing all that material unless this plastic is very flexible during powder turns. With fastlanes nosnos i dont have hardly any snow buildup on mine.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
plastic nosnows, priceless...

000_0249.jpg

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
If you look at the 09's, Cat cut out the two holes where the suspension bracket is bolted to the running boards. This helps get rid of some of the snow. If you enclose the foot rest it will make it harder to kick the snow off the running boards...I think?

I' don't notice that much snow on the running boards but I do notice the ice chunks hitting me in the head! LOL!

Premium Features