• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mbrp can ?

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I am having problems getting my exhaust to seal after installing this can when i installed it was a tight fit i have the newer style stainless, the exhaust always seems to spring a leak somewhere i get it fixed its good for a ride then leaks on the next blowing oil carbon mix all over the engine. My sled goes through a lot of oil it seems probably 1 tank oil/fuel mix i am going to check ratio when i fill, i have also used high temp silicone on all seals kinda getting tired of fixing after every ride anyone else had to fix this problem on their m8.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
It was leaking there now its leaking where the y pipe meets the pipe, dealer told me to bring back in today we are going to turn oiler down because its burning too rich then double up on the springs if we have too hopefully this is the fix, the can still seems to tight in there wish it had a bit more give because the engine seems to move quite a bit, we will see i guess.

B
Jan 20, 2009
hmm thats odd, My Y-pipe was leaking too but I think I just put it in wrong when I put my D&D on, never had any issues with the can tho, Seems kinda sketchy for the dealer to turn your oiler down....Just becareful it doesn't seize.... Guess the dealer would know tho

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
The dealer is going to look at it, i was reading another post and it sounds like the oil pump may be sticking i will get them to check that i am going through way to much oil probably 30:1 mix i think it is just finding a way out, its bad during warm up thats when it makes the most mess i am thinking its not the can it works and sounds great just the fit could be a bit better.

Last edited:
Premium Features