• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Maverick Track

A
Aug 19, 2009
Thinkn about changing out the 151 I have on my 01 rmk for the 153 maverick for sale at tracks usa. Its 2.25 lugs. Will this fit no problem and is this track worth changing from my stock track. Thanks Andy

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Extreme would be the route I would go. The Mavericks are known to loose a lot of paddles in the Cat community as they were the alternate to the A20 on the earlier M sleds.

On the 01 you may need to go to a smaller driver but I'm not certain as the only 01's I've worked on were flatland sleds and they deffinately needed a 8 tooth vs the stock 9.

Last edited:
L

likinit2

Jul 4, 2004
S.W. Michigan
I am thinking of doing the same switch, I checked into it earlier and if my memory serves me right you need to pick up some 3.0" pitch drivers, get 144-151 rail extensions (yes it is a 153 but you are adding larger diameter drivers) and the 2.25 won't work without a drop and roll. I am planning on cutting the maverick track down to 1 7/8" because I trail ride and ride powder as well and don't want to dump the $ and time into an 03 edge. Not only that the Maverick track lugs are too soft to be 2.25" and take a set real fast and cutting the track down gets you to the meat of the track and will do what I want it to do. More floatation for cheap! what other track can you buy new or with just a few miles for 150.00 and get a set of cat anti ratchet drivers for 130.00 extensions 80.00 and DIY tunnel extension, rivets and bumper 80.00. You would have to go with a 7 tooth 3" pitch driver if you don't want to go drop and roll if you want to go 2.25" and then I wouldn't recomend the maverick. Just find a 151 challenger with a 2.52 pitch and save yourself a few hassles.

3.0 pitch drive sprokets.jpg

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
I did it an never regretted it! The Maverick is not the BEST track for any one riding situation - but in my experience (3 seasons) it was good in them all. Never a problem with losing lugs - in fact, with the fingers in it, it is a great track in the set-up spring snow. I still love the track on my 02 800!

You do have to change your drivers and the drop and roll, which makes it a pain int he butt if you don't like it and wanna go back, so think about that before you do it. It's a lot of work.

:) 2fun

Premium Features