• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mag Crank Seal Leaking?

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
Hey guys,
Looking over my sled after our last ride and noticed some oil on the mag side of the engine case of my pull rope cover. Is this something I should worry about, like a crank seal leaking, or can this be normal? Engine only has about 500 miles on it.20191227_172011.jpg

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
Where does the pull rope oil come from? I thought that assembly was a dry one. I pulled the mag cover off, and there is a good bit of oil. Thinking it's the seal at this point, unless the recoil has that much oil to lose. 9797.jpeg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Where does the pull rope oil come from? I thought that assembly was a dry one. I pulled the mag cover off, and there is a good bit of oil. Thinking it's the seal at this point, unless the recoil has that much oil to lose. View attachment 336881

That’s the seal.

From the factory the recoil rope is soaked in oil.

It can leave residue all over that area.

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
Thanks. That's what I thought. I am about to abandon polaris. This is the third time I will have had an engine out of this sled due to failures.

Premium Features