• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 w/ SLP Pipe Clutching 9000+ ft.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I am going to be running the SLP pipe on my m8, but am not going to use the MTX weights. I am going to stick with the cutlers. I am just wondering what weight to start off with. Springs and helix are stock setup. 68 gram stock weights worked well at this altitude without the pipe pulling 7800 on a climb. I know the motor should be making more power with the pipe so more weight would be needed theoretically, however, peak operating RPM needs to goes up with the slp pipe 2-300 rpms. Is this pretty much a wash? Just looking for a good starting point. Thanks in advance. I know there have been other SLP clutching threads, but I was not able to find any posts with my setup.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I am going to be running the SLP pipe on my m8, but am not going to use the MTX weights. I am going to stick with the cutlers. I am just wondering what weight to start off with. Springs and helix are stock setup. 68 gram stock weights worked well at this altitude without the pipe pulling 7800 on a climb. I know the motor should be making more power with the pipe so more weight would be needed theoretically, however, peak operating RPM needs to goes up with the slp pipe 2-300 rpms. Is this pretty much a wash? Just looking for a good starting point. Thanks in advance. I know there have been other SLP clutching threads, but I was not able to find any posts with my setup.

I run the cutlers on mine. i think im just over 68g I put the big weight on the tip, and i love it. Others will tell you to put it in the heel. Personal preference... It should pull 8050,8100 at 9500 feet for you. i ride 8-10K
on a 09 M8 HCR

Premium Features