• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 turbo clutch sticking/slipping

F
Jan 19, 2020
The other day I was out riding my 2010 m8 with a boondocker turbo. It would occasionally hit a spot where the belt would slip. Something to do with the primary or secondary clutch. My 2011 m8 will also do this occasionally. Any ideas what causes it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Can you post a pic of the clutch? What rpms does is act up?

F
Jan 19, 2020
4de49be107fb6a0afa8d86f57b088c61.jpg

F
Jan 19, 2020
I didn’t get the chance to check rpms, I was more focused on getting to the road. It was actually the first ride on the sled for me. I bought it Thursday with a ripped track, I replaced the track and was riding it the next day when the clutch started acting up. I had blown a belt but I took the clutch off when I got home and it looked to be in working order

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I would guess the secondary or primary are sticking or binding. I recommend to take both clutches apart and clean them. Reassemble on the bench, without the springs. Work the clutches open and closed and you should see the problem.
Check back with what you found and others can benefit from your clutching adventure!

Premium Features